VCORE/CPU VOLTS MANUALLY SET TO 1.19

ENABLEd Intel virtulization
ENABLED Exec Disable Bit
ENABLED Internal PLL Overvoltage
ENABLED Speed Step

DISABLED SPREAD SPECTRUM
DISABLED LIMIT CPUID MAXIMUM

RAM VOLTS 1.65 RATED / TIMINGS ARE WHAT WAS ON THE SIDE OF RAM STICKS

i rann PRIME 95 for 4-5 hours per day for 4 days no fails or errors temps maxe dout at 62-63 degrees

CPU COOLEr is NZXT HAvik 140

if i have missed any settings i need to change in my bios please tell me or if i need to change any of the settings i listed above

seems stable to me but i wanted to check before i leave it
a b å Intel
a c 105 K Overclocking
March 26, 2012 8:08:13 PM

Just FYI going over 1.5v RAM voids your CPU warranty and going over 1.58v can damage the CPU. Also due to the memory controller being on the CPU, Sandy Bridge systems see very little benefit from going over DDR3 1600 speeds.

Whole article worth reading. If not then these pages sum it up.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/memory/2011/01/11/the-...

Other than the RAM your overclock and voltage are fine.
m
l
March 27, 2012 1:53:25 AM

yes but that is what i have to set the voltage at for the ram if i dont se tit at 1.65 will be undervolting the ram and sandy bridge doesnt like ram thats underolvted.i asked allot of people about this and they said even when i dont o.c the volts should remain at 1.65 i dont want to mess around with ram volts anyways ill jsut leave it as it was set at when i got the computer which was 1.65

even when i dont o.c or anything the ram volts is auto set at 1.65v.

how are the rest of my settings and temps did i miss anything?

i checked in cpu-z the ram volts are between 1.184 -1.192 most of the time its usually the latter
m
l
Related resources
a b å Intel
a c 105 K Overclocking
March 27, 2012 2:09:13 AM

As long as you understand that is the wrong RAM for your chip and if it dies Intel will not honor the warranty because 1.65v IS overclocking the memory controller on the CPU. Any RAM that runs over 1.5v is not good for a Sandy Bridge system because the memory controller is ON THE CPU not on the motherboard anymore. There are quite a few instances of 1.65v RAM killing Sandy Bridge CPUs. Just look on Intel's forums.

The 4.0Ghz overclock seems fine.
m
l
March 27, 2012 6:41:02 AM

then what should i do reduce the ram to 1866mhz or 1600 and lower the voltage or what? and what do i lower it to

and can i even do that?
m
l
March 27, 2012 6:54:55 AM

i have Corsair Ram rated @ 1,65 v @ 1600 MHz on i7 2600k. @ that voltage CPU scores are not good, even the ram isnt working properly (tested myself). I had to lower the voltage and i find that 1,575 v for ram is the sweetspot for my i7. I get the best results @ that voltage... Lowering the voltage below this value dosnt do any good, performance wise, for my system.
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 105 K Overclocking
March 27, 2012 7:05:57 AM

You could just get the overclockers insurance. It covers out of spec RAM as well as any damage you might do in any way overclocking.

http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

If you decide against that then it's up to you. It's better to research this kind of thing before you buy of course but you could drop the RAM to 1.6v and see what speed and timings it will run at. No way to know until you try. Technically going over 1.5v and DDR3 1333 speed voids the warranty. I have not seen any cases of 1.5v DDR3 1600 causing any problems. But like I said above I have read of people saying 1.65v RAM damaged their CPU. Who knows yours might run fine for years at that voltage and speed but it might die tomorrow too.

A little google searching before you buy is always a good idea to avoid things like this.
m
l
March 27, 2012 9:55:05 PM

i lowered it to 1.5 set it to 1866mhz and the timings are what they where before

if anyone can tell me what i should put the timings at sinc ei lowered it to 1.5v and 1866mhz would be helpfull

btw my cpu only last 5 years with a 4.0ghz o.c? even if i put 1600mhz ram in it?

running prime95 bledn stress test to see if the ram is ok at 1.5 down form its default 1.65
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 105 K Overclocking
March 28, 2012 1:52:38 AM

As long as you keep the voltage below 1.4v and even better close to 1.3v your CPU will last for years. It will be obsolete in 5 years anyway. 5 years ago I had a brand new Core2Duo E6600. I have upgraded twice since then.
m
l
March 28, 2012 7:43:36 AM

ok but what about my ram its 1.65v 2133mhz i lowered it to 1866mhz and 1.5v will it be ok and what should i put the timings at for that, and my voltage is 1.19 @4gz
m
l
March 28, 2012 8:02:47 AM

in cpu-z in spd tab on the timings table it has JDEC#6 frequency 838mhz and the tim ings are 11-11--11-30 and at the bottem it says 1.5v does this mean i can change it to 866mhz put the timings at 11-11-11-30 and 1.5v and it will be fine?
m
l
April 2, 2012 5:39:55 AM

You should leave Speedstep and C1E enabled, it doesn't hurt stability at all.

I have my 2500K at 4.5GHz with C1E, EIST, Speedstep enabled and am currently using Offset voltage so it will drop voltage when it idles as well.
m
l
April 6, 2012 4:43:23 PM

speed step is enabled so enable C1E and EIST and put it to offsett ok if i put it to offsett then it wont be at 1.19 volts correct? will it go upt to 1.19 volts auto or what or do i have to enable something else on if i put it to offset voltage
m
l
May 31, 2012 12:38:22 PM

with the 2700K you should be able to run at 1.35v and 4400mhz without a problem.
The system voltage for the ram is set at 1.6v so I don't know what others are going on about.
if you have ram capable of 2133 dont set it go for 1600 its much more stable.if you set it to auto the system will run the ram down as low as 800mhz.

Use Asus Suite !! if you have an Asus motherboard at 4.6ghz and 1.35V it will still run but you will get freezes over that the system will blue screen unless you push the volts to 1.45 for the cpu. The bclock should be left at 100 dont even bother changing it as it makes no difference.
With Asus Suite you can crank up your setting and then use the leveller .If it cant level the system it wont boot .
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 105 K Overclocking
May 31, 2012 4:44:03 PM

^ No one who reads this thread should listen to this person. The information is bad to dangerous.
m
l
June 2, 2012 3:38:44 AM

anort3 said:
^ No one who reads this thread should listen to this person. The information is bad to dangerous.

dear anort3 you need to get out more.have a browse on the web there are plenty of people running this processor at 4.4 to4.7ghz @1.425v I use a cheap water cooler on the cpu which is only a slightly better solution to the standard fan that comes with the chip and i have no overheating problems.Also you will find how to make the settings necessary to run at these higher settings as many people provide details and screen shots of their bios settings.My advice to you is to check your facts before making a statement,do your research,gather the facts and then say your peace rather than making a fool of yourself at the expense of credibility
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 105 K Overclocking
June 2, 2012 4:11:27 AM

thubleau said:
dear anort3 you need to get out more.have a browse on the web there are plenty of people running this processor at 4.4 to4.7ghz @1.425v I use a cheap water cooler on the cpu which is only a slightly better solution to the standard fan that comes with the chip and i have no overheating problems.Also you will find how to make the settings necessary to run at these higher settings as many people provide details and screen shots of their bios settings.My advice to you is to check your facts before making a statement,do your research,gather the facts and then say your peace rather than making a fool of yourself at the expense of credibility

First, learn to write a correct logical sentence.

Second, recommending people go over 1.4v can and will reduce the life of their CPU to a matter of months without proper high end water cooling. In fact if you have a clue as to what you are doing you are not using any automatic overclocking tools anyway. You are using manual settings in BIOS. As such 4.5Ghz should need no more than 1.34v.

You obviously have no idea that no two chips are identical.

Just for telling people the only way to overclock is to use an auto overclock tool and to start at 1.45v you should be banned. Someone might listen to that crap and fry their computer.

So I say it again don't listen to that person at all.

By the way my 2600K is at 4.5Ghz with 1.32v and that is with Hyperthreading on. It has been rock solid stable for over a year. Temps max in the mid 60s C running Prime 95.
m
l
March 30, 2013 8:07:57 PM

When these chips first came out I read a number of threads about how to overclock my chip and I started out at 1.5v 24/7 and had no issue with degradation or anything else. Now things have changed and I agree for 24/7 use you shoudnt venture to far above 1.4v. The problem with your ram methixOr is its not the right ram for your chip as stated, buy new ram designed for the sandy bridge cpu its cheap enough. Also if your looking to overclock your chip read a number of threads about it first then try and retry and retry what you learn from the threads, it takes time to hit the proper voltages and speeds if you dont want to take the time to do it right then dont do it. Underclocking ram is the same as overclocking the ram it takes time to do it right. Every chip takes voltage and speed slightly different than the next no matter what chip. I have owned 2 2600ks and 3 2700ks and the 2600ks have clocked higher with the same 1.4v that I use. I know this thread is old so hopefully you have done a good job with your chip.
m
l
a c 224 K Overclocking
March 31, 2013 12:31:23 AM

@methix0r

Your G-Skill memory should be able to run @ 1.5v, 7,7,7,21 @ 1333mhz, if it cannot run 7,7,7,7,21 it can definitely run 8,8,8,24 @ 1333mhz.

1333mhz is the actual Sandy Bridge memory clock, anything past 1333mhz is overclocking the memory, however for raising the multiplier on all 4 cores you are better off with your memory rock solid.

Performance wise 1333mhz at cas 7 is very close to 2133mhz at cas 11, and at 1.5v you are not overheating the memory controller which adds to the total CPU heat, and shortening the life of your 2700K.

I run my 2700K at 45X = 4500mhz @ plus or minus 1.30Vcore, now I have better cooling than you do, but if you drop the CPUs memory controller voltage to 1.5v @ 1333, you should be able to run 4500mhz on the CPU in the same heat range you are presently at.
m
l
!