hair tutorial

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I've been trying to edit hair style I downloaded (change the color) with
bodyshop, but when I export the texture there are so many files and I don't
know which one(s) I have to edit. The manual from the official website only
deals with eyecolor (which only generates 3 or 4 files in the project
folder).
Is there a good tutorial somewhere which deals with editing hairstyles?

Thanks in advance,
Bianca
1 answer Last reply
More about hair tutorial
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

    All the different files are for different ages and you'll need to know the
    coding of the file names. Your hair grows with your sim - that's why there
    are different age files. Some are easy to spot - the grey hair is the elder
    one. You may also find there are several hair files for each stage of life,
    this is because the meshes Maxis used for the hair allow the hair to move
    when the sim moves. It's particularly noticeable on the longer hair styles.
    However, each one of the hair files for the same age is the same (i.e. the
    bitmap is the same picture), so you only need to recolour one and then can
    overwrite the others by copying and changing the file names.

    The file coding works like this:

    You look at the file names. At the beginning of the name you will have a
    two letter code, these are:

    af adult female
    cf child female
    ef elder female
    pf this is the hair for the toddler, don't know why it's p
    tf teen female

    Obviously, it would be m in second place if it's a male hair.

    Hope that helps.
    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Rumpel" <rumpleteazer.at.zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > I've been trying to edit hair style I downloaded (change the color) with
    > bodyshop, but when I export the texture there are so many files and I
    don't
    > know which one(s) I have to edit. The manual from the official website
    only
    > deals with eyecolor (which only generates 3 or 4 files in the project
    > folder).
    > Is there a good tutorial somewhere which deals with editing hairstyles?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Bianca

Sims Games Tutorial Video Games