Disk Management - Admin Tools

September 2, 2004 1:12:26 PM

I am logged into an XP SP2 system as Administrator and am
in the Administrative tools, Computer Management, Disk
Manager.

When I try to access the Disk Manager I get the following
error:

"You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on
<computer name>"

Then the status line in the Computer Manager screen reads:

"Unable to connect to Logical Disk Manager service"

Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,
Steven King--
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 5:20:49 PM

Though this article applies to Windows 2000, some users have reported
success using these steps on an XP machine.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

"Steven King" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am logged into an XP SP2 system as Administrator and am
> in the Administrative tools, Computer Management, Disk
> Manager.
>
> When I try to access the Disk Manager I get the following
> error:
>
> "You do not have access rights to Logical Disk Manager on
> <computer name>"
>
> Then the status line in the Computer Manager screen reads:
>
> "Unable to connect to Logical Disk Manager service"
>
> Anyone have a fix for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Steven King--
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 8:42:10 PM

I am also having the same issue. All info I have found relating to
the same issue on earlier OS versions has not been helpfull. I did a
little digging at my work and it is definitely an XP SP2 issue. The
OS of the machine you are connecting to does not matter. If you are
on XP SP2, you always get the "access denied" error (logged in as a
domain admin by the way).

!