Crysis graphics issues

RAB86

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I just recently built a computer and installed crysis on it and have it running pretty good. The problem is when I have everything turned up on max settings some things start to flicker, like trees and stuff, especially in the distance. It's a little irritating and was wondering if anyone has had this problem and how to fix it. It seems as if it has something to do with the shadows maybe, but it happens a lot with things in the distance.

I have the natural mod also. I have tried turning this mod off and it still does it

MSI 790FX
dual HIS 4890's Turbo+
Phenom II x4 965
Samsung 2333 monitor
MS 7

Well its either down to bad drivers of more probably your just pushing things that little bit too far. What settings does the game Auto detect for the system and do you still have the same issue if you leave the settings where the game selects them ?
Also does it do this with other games ? and do you have the game patched up to date ?
There are lots of settings you can play with to make life easier for your system, shadows is one that will take a lot of performance away and while it makes the game look a lot better with then enabled it really takes little out of the game play to turn them down if not off.
I generally start with internal shadows and work from there when trying to set up a demanding game.

Mactronix