Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do I improve temps? (OC'ing related)

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
March 27, 2012 12:34:28 AM

My CPU on idle is @ 37c, load 42-47c. Not bad I guess or is it? That's @ stock and not OC'ed. Maaan I wanna OC sooo bad. It's a i5 2550k 3.4GHz. My GPU is @ 28-30c no load at all, just internet maybe. At load omfg like 50-60c. Thats baddddd right? No OC usually, but I sometimes do OC it. I just made this rig saturday. The case2 fan is @ 480ish rpm. That's crap right? The other case front fan is @ 700rpm. Still bad right? I have one more fan to put on but it will w8 4 days. Also the CPU fan is @ 1500rpm i think. or 1200rpm i forgot. I think 1500...

So yea! Is this normal temps, or should I be woried like I am and use my H100 water cooler that i bough. (not using.)

Please help, and is there a way to like, put 'ice' or something cold in the case to make the fans blow cold chill air? Thanks a lot guys. My graphics card is : EVGA GTX 560 Ti
a b K Overclocking
March 27, 2012 12:41:52 AM

The H100 is onw of the best CPU coolers. Your temps are within normal ranges. Your GPU is fine if that's load at your most demanding game. GTX 569s are rated to go 90 + C.

Put in the H100 and your idle temps should be about 30 C and under 60 C at max load.
m
0
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
March 27, 2012 12:56:31 AM

Even a $30 Hyper 212+ would cool that CPU to most levels you'd want. An H100 is a decent cooler, but for the price, it's pretty expensive and for a few dollars more you are looking at an entry level watercooling kit that would out perform it. The main thing I don't like about LCS coolers like Corsair, Asetek, etc are that they are quite expensive for the performance you get. If the pumps were more reliable and had better flow, they'd perform better, but this likely would increase their already significant price tag. Don't get me wrong, they are great for some builds and specific instances, but when it comes to CPU coolers, you don't need the most expensive anymore; good air is just as good or better when you consider price. If it's the social effect and bragging rights, then LCS coolers fit a unique bill just below watercooling.
m
0
l
Related resources
March 27, 2012 2:28:47 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Even a $30 Hyper 212+ would cool that CPU to most levels you'd want. An H100 is a decent cooler, but for the price, it's pretty expensive and for a few dollars more you are looking at an entry level watercooling kit that would out perform it. The main thing I don't like about LCS coolers like Corsair, Asetek, etc are that they are quite expensive for the performance you get. If the pumps were more reliable and had better flow, they'd perform better, but this likely would increase their already significant price tag. Don't get me wrong, they are great for some builds and specific instances, but when it comes to CPU coolers, you don't need the most expensive anymore; good air is just as good or better when you consider price. If it's the social effect and bragging rights, then LCS coolers fit a unique bill just below watercooling.



I could care less what people think of my water cooler, but I do want something that looks nice... So if I were to take back this H100, any better suggestions (water cooling you said?) to cool EVVVERYTHING! :)  Also my case is enormous, full tower.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
March 27, 2012 3:30:13 AM

42c at load? Prime95?
m
0
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
March 27, 2012 2:19:59 PM

ttg_Avenged said:
I could care less what people think of my water cooler, but I do want something that looks nice... So if I were to take back this H100, any better suggestions (water cooling you said?) to cool EVVVERYTHING! :)  Also my case is enormous, full tower.


I would then, in turn, ask you what you have researched on your own and why you chose the components you did?
m
0
l
March 28, 2012 12:20:02 AM

rubix_1011 said:
I would then, in turn, ask you what you have researched on your own and why you chose the components you did?

OK that's fair. I'll do some research over the next 1-3 days and please try to get back to me :)  Also, I'm looking primarily how to bumpup my current RPM on my fans, and bump down the GPU temp is too high....
m
0
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
March 28, 2012 1:36:15 AM

We'll be here. I'm not trying to be difficult- you'll see how much more rewarding it is once you get a feeling of what you need to consider and how to start seeing all this come together for you, mentally. In the long run, it will make far more sense and very beneficial.

:) 
m
0
l
!