Motherboard Problem ! Help !

I have a Biostar TA785GE 128M motherboard. I bought it brand new and I remember the first few times I used it it didnt give me any problems. But now when I turn my PC on it makes a low beep and it says "CMOS Battery low" and "System date/timre not set" or something like that, I can still boot into windows by pressing f2, it says "press f2 to load defaults and continue", also about 30% of the times my PC would show no signal on the screen, When that happens I have to power it off and then back on for it to work.However when I can go into windows I can do everything normally, I can even game with no problem for HOURS and I get no problems. The only problem is when I power it on, Anyone know how I can fix this CMOS problem ? Is my mobo defected ? Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about motherboard problem
  1. Try replacing the motherboard battery, which is what I'd think CMOS Battery low would mean.
  2. Hi.

Like Lmeow says, the problem is the battery of ur mobo. Buy a new one, replace the current battery and ur problem will be solved.

Check ur current battery to know the reference of the battery that u need to buy, usually is CR2032.
  3. Guys I did exactly that, Still same error. Guess I have a bad mobo right ? Or are there any other things I can.do.
  4. What i really want is to just save my bios settings, my bios settings arent saving i could care less about the cmos low battery, ill keep on using the board this way until it dies. Is there anyway i can save my bios settings onto a usb drive or something ? is so how.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Biostar