Sign in with
Your question

IRQ error - USB/SATA etc.

Last response: in Motherboards
May 12, 2010 10:45:28 AM

Hello

Yesterday I upgraded my PC with a Gigabyte GA-M720-US3 rev. 1.1 mobo and Phenom II X4 965 CPU. But it turned out in Win7 (64-bit) that some of the devices (USB, IDE/DVD-drive and soundcard) had IRQ errors when Windows was done installing drivers. It simply said that Windows couldn't find any resources for them :S
So, I tried to update the BIOS (from ver. F6 to F7G beta) to see if that fixed it. But no.
Then I tried to reinstall Win7. No luck.
Then I tried to pull out my WLan card and the front USB ports to see if I could free some addresses. Result: BSOD, I think the error was 0x0000007B, and BIOS says the SATA shares IRQ with the USB Hubs! :fou: 

I have an external HDD, which somehow works in Windows, but no other USB devices work.

I really have no clue about what's going on. Does anybody have any ideas?

Other specs:
2x2 GB Corsair PC6400 DHX
500 GB WD HDD
Asus 9800GT GFX, OC'ed from factory
Linksys WMP54G WLan card
Corsair 750W PSU
...ask for more

More about : irq error usb sata

May 12, 2010 1:21:37 PM

go into Bios, under advanced chipset settings it asks if OS is PNP (Plug N' Play). Is this on No, when on No the Motherboard allocates the IRQs to each device, If on Yes windows allocates the IRQs, try changing this setting, I did this and changed mine to Yes and had no issues, my friend Mike changed his to yes and he had a conflict. (Only difference between our machines is I have a firewire add-on card and SBLive add-on card). So in reality I have more devices so for me having windows set everything prevents conflict, for him he could leave it as No and the motherboard allocates everything. Try changing this and get back to us.
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 12, 2010 1:30:47 PM

Peculiarly ehoungh, the external drive, which appears to work, may be the problem. Try following the 'break a boot-loop' procedure under 'Boot Loops' section of the 'sticky', including unplugging all USBs except kbd & rodent, and do the 'load optimized'; after the LoadOpt, make sure to disable "Legacy USB storage detect" on the BIOS' "Integrated Peripherals" page...

You can see 'what's up' by opening device manager, selecting 'View > Resources by Connection > Interrupt Request (IRQ), which should show you this:

m
l
Related resources
May 21, 2010 10:49:01 AM

It's working now - it seems I forgot to remove the old drivers for the old mobo :pt1cable: 
I reinstalled Win7, and voila, no problems. It's studpid to suddenly forget 20 years of experience just because of the excitement of the new shardware :D 
m
l
a c 177 V Motherboard
May 21, 2010 12:39:50 PM

I've written before:

Quote:
So, UPS just, finally, put a pile of NewEgg boxes on your porch! I know you agonized for two weeks (I hope, anyway) over 'picking out de parts', and I know you've been on UPS.com 'tracking' 'em four or five times a day, for another week. It's natural to be excited... RELAX! Pop a cold one (don't smoke a joint - makes you forgetful - don't ask how I know this :??:  ) - SIT DOWN and take some deep breaths! NOW is no time to be in a hurry - you're going to be living with this 'toy' for years (well, maybeee months, if you're a gamer...); it's well worth taking your time, doing it all right, having a strategy....

I've been doing this [:bilbat:6] since soldering 'patch' T²L logic chips into my first KayPro Z-80 in '87, and I still make 'newbie' mistakes from "wanna see it RUN!" [:lectrocrew:7]
m
l
June 23, 2014 4:38:34 AM

sveegaard said:
Hello

Yesterday I upgraded my PC with a Gigabyte GA-M720-US3 rev. 1.1 mobo and Phenom II X4 965 CPU. But it turned out in Win7 (64-bit) that some of the devices (USB, IDE/DVD-drive and soundcard) had IRQ errors when Windows was done installing drivers. It simply said that Windows couldn't find any resources for them :S
So, I tried to update the BIOS (from ver. F6 to F7G beta) to see if that fixed it. But no.
Then I tried to reinstall Win7. No luck.
Then I tried to pull out my WLan card and the front USB ports to see if I could free some addresses. Result: BSOD, I think the error was 0x0000007B, and BIOS says the SATA shares IRQ with the USB Hubs! :fou: 

I have an external HDD, which somehow works in Windows, but no other USB devices work.

I really have no clue about what's going on. Does anybody have any ideas?

Other specs:
2x2 GB Corsair PC6400 DHX
500 GB WD HDD
Asus 9800GT GFX, OC'ed from factory
Linksys WMP54G WLan card
Corsair 750W PSU
...ask for more

a sufferd the same tooo but with my laptop.....a problem may have been as a result of a a non genuine os
m
l
!