Monitor shuts off when plugged to onboard video

d2procon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
Ok I have the most frustrating problem that I dont think anyone has ever faced. Basically My monitor turns off right when I plug the video cable to the onboard video. Monitor just turns off and the led on the monitor keeps blinking green the off green then off etc. THe big issue here is this still happens even when the computer is powered off, all jacks removed form the PC, the power supply unit is disconnected from the PC and even the bios battery removed, monitor still turns off when plugged to PC. I tried other monitors, and same problem.

What could possibly be the problem?

d2procon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
Thanks for the reply but no I dont have a separate graphics card but what I dont understand is what is causing the monitor to turn off even though everything has been plugged off from the computer?

Sounds to me like the monitor is looking for a signal and not finding one, its usual to get a message saying no signal found when this happens though.
Whats the history here ? New monitor, new PC etc . Im wondering if the VGA is enabled in the bios or if it has its drivers loaded.

Mactronix

d2procon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009

When the monitor is on and is Unplugged from the computer, I see on the screen a message "No Signal" However when I plug the monitor to the onboard video while there is no power comming to the computer, (PSU IS removed from motherboard) The monitor just turns off and I see the LEd Lights flickering. When I remove the vga cable from the computer the Monitor then displays the no signal.....

d2procon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009

Everything was normal until one day when I turned on the PC, it loaded to windows xp and then computer restarted by itself and then shutuff after 5 seconds. I tried to power on the pc and it wouldnt power on, neither would the monitor. I tried connecting to another power jack and the PC turned on but the monitor wouldnt