Solved

Asus P6X58D - Boot Sequence Question

I set the boot sequence on my new Win7-64bit build to 1) DVD Drive / 2) HDD, in order to install the OS. But now whenever I turn it on, after the mobo screen appears (i.e. "Press Del for BIOS," etc.) it says "Hard Drive not detected!," then it refreshes and shows a new screen that says "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD Drive. . ." before finally booting to Windows.

My question: how to I get it to show only the mobo screen and then boot straight to Windows without showing that other stuff?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus p6x58d boot sequence question
  1. Best answer
    Hi.

In the BIOS look for the option that says "FAST BOOT" or something like that, this options disable all that stuffs.

U can read the manual of ur mobo to know the exactly steps to do that.
  2. Best answer selected by Waterfiend33.
  3. To get rid of the "Hard Drive not detected!", go into the bios and disable the Marvell 9123 Controller. Bios/Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration/Marvell 9123 Controller [Disabled]

To boot into Windows "without showing all that stuff", go into the bios and disable Full Screen Logo (if you don't want to see the logo. Bios/Boot/Full Screen Logo [Disabled]

The Express Gate thing is annoying as well if you don't use it. To disable EG go to Bios/Tools/Express Gate [Disabled]
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Boot Hard Drives DVD Drives Motherboards