Asus P8Z68-V LE Atx vCore Problem!

jordy1212

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Hey, I'm trying to overclocking and this is my first time (overclocking anything) so i'm not that smart with it. However, Most people say to raise the vCore by 0.005 volts at a time until the system fails under prime95 stress testing. But heres the problem. I have no money, I can't get a new board, and Lets say I raise my vCore on my board (Asus P8z68-V LE) to 1.35v. (it even says that when i reload bios), now i open up CPU ID and HW MONITOR What'da know? Successful overclock, everything works good, nice 4.4Ghz except 1 thing. The damn voltage says 14.2v. Now for some reason if i do it lets say 0.050 volts lower then the board keeps idle votlage at like 0.90 and then it gives 14.2 under stress testing and randomly jumps to 14-14.3 if i raised the CPU voltage (the bios doesn't even say vCore) it says cpu voltage and i set it to 1.35 shouldn't the board lock that voltage? Please help me. I'm ok with my overclock but I want to raise the voltage as low as possible to keep my cpu lasting a long time. Does anybody know what I can do? (Google didn't help) Another person on google said they experience the same thing. Any professionals that might know a setting on the board to fix this?

By some chance if you DO NOT know how to fix it, I have set the options on auto. Right now i'm @ 4.4Ghz and CPU voltage doesn't getmore than 1.38 on turbo for (4.4Ghz) posting this second it's getting 1.03-1.07 volts. Any good for auto settings? and is it normal for the voltages to randomly raise to 1.36-1.38 while playing games and locked at that until i close it? Intel turbo boost shows its running @ 4.4Ghz while its open. And how long will it last? 2 months and break? or what.

850Watts PSU

I posted something here sort of related to this and the P8Z68-V LE yesterday, myself, and I don't have any answers yet either. Our situations are different though, since I'm not using any Auto settings at the moment and I overclocked to 41x through the main multiplier and not Turbo. A suggestion though, try a negative (-) offset. I have a -.045 offset, which gives me 1.256V at idle (I should say that SpeedStep and Turbo are disabled, so SpeedStep and Turbo aren't a factor), and 1.200V at 100% load. That's very stable for me at 4.1Ghz, but it wouldn't be for 4.4Ghz, so just do some trial and error to see what offset works best. For you, it should only affect your load voltage, since you're still using Turbo and SpeedStep.

Also, are you sure it said ~14V? I think if it did, it meant ~1.4V because there's no way that it could be 14V, lol. The PSU can't even supply that kind of voltage, never mind the fact that the processor would have fried long before it had the chance to get to 14V.

bleechy

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012
Right you can use offset and speedstep for this.

Basically the offset voltage will either add or subtract from your Auto voltages. So if you put your board into auto mode, lanuch CPU-z to monitor and run Prime 95. What ever your voltage goes to then (yes it does fluctuate slightly) you can either + or - to that voltage by using the offset mode in your bios.

Start by -0.02v and test to make sure it is stable, you can then keep subtracting until you are happy with the voltages/temps or you BSOD during a stress test.