Ssd ocz vertex 2 or ocz agility 3

i have asus p6t deluxe v2 motherboard...i dont have sata 3... so it is better to buy ocz vertex 2 (sata 2) or ocz aglity 3(sata 3)?
7 answers Last reply
More about vertex agility
  1. Go with the Agility 3. It will give you better performance, even with a SATA 2 motherboard.
  2. and an other question..what is the best connection? raid ahsci i dont remember how is written
  3. AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface)

You can search Wikipedia for detailed information.
  4. The Agility 3 Seems like a better ssd. When you upgrade your computer you'll always be able to use the extra speed.
  5. Please be aware that the Sandforce controller chip used on some of the OCZ SSD's like the Vertex and Agility 3 seems to to have a rather odd issue that causes the drives to either drop off the system (BIOS suddenly can't see them) or a sudden BSOD will occur.
  6. ^5 +1 what mousemonkey said.

SandForce based solid state drives and OCZ in particular have experienced more than their fair share of problems. in one 6 month period OCZ issued 5 firmware updates.
  7. JohnnyLucky said:
    ^5 +1 what mousemonkey said.

SandForce based solid state drives and OCZ in particular have experienced more than their fair share of problems. in one 6 month period OCZ issued 5 firmware updates.

And guess who didn't research any of that before buying an Agility 3 SSD. :sweat:
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD SATA OCZ Vertex Storage