I7 2600k 4.4Ghz Safe voltage?

Hey, I'm using the auto voltage and it stays @ 1.02v-1.07v right now as i'm on this fourm (as provided by hw monitor) during stress testing the cpu can get as high as 13.4 volts and random bursts of 1.38-1.39v MAX it will ever receive while gaming. (That is contant while gaming) I know it's a little high, but I can't tweak the voltage manually as my asus p8z68-v le motherboard likes to jump it up even higher.

So heres my question: I know it's a safe voltage but I want to know will it last a long time? or will my cpu be fried within a month? or will have nice years of use? here my current temps: 32C 31C 33C 31C (all cores)
2 answers Last reply
More about 2600k 4ghz safe voltage
  1. Yeah it should be ok, but you really should put more effort into finding a manual or offset setting if you can. My 2600K will do 4.4 ghz stable at stock voltage, which is around 1.275v or so. I know it's different for every chip but 1.39 is pretty high for 4.4

The reason you are only getting the low 1s right now is due to power saving features which is pretty standard
  2. jordy1212 said:
    Hey, I'm using the auto voltage and it stays @ 1.02v-1.07v right now as i'm on this fourm (as provided by hw monitor) during stress testing the cpu can get as high as 13.4 volts and random bursts of 1.38-1.39v MAX it will ever receive while gaming. (That is contant while gaming) I know it's a little high, but I can't tweak the voltage manually as my asus p8z68-v le motherboard likes to jump it up even higher.

So heres my question: I know it's a safe voltage but I want to know will it last a long time? or will my cpu be fried within a month? or will have nice years of use? here my current temps: 32C 31C 33C 31C (all cores)

I just posted something about the P8Z68-V LE loosely related to this in the Motherboard OC Forum, but try setting a negative (-) offset and see what that does for you. I'm only overclocked to 4.1Ghz (41x main multiplier, not Turbo, so Turbo is disabled, as well as SpeedStep, in my case) with my i5-2500K, but with a -.045 offset, my Vcore is 1.256V at idle and 1.200V at 100% load with Prime. You couldn't use a -.045 offset for 4.4Ghz, but try some out to see the furthest you can go to be stable.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Overclocking