Hacked energy picture - how to install?

Hi,

I downloaded the hacked energy picture but it does not show in the game. I
extracted it in to the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder and
it does not appear in the game. I also double-clicked and ran it with the
'sims 2 content installer' (as mentioned on a forum somewhere) and it just
comes up with a message saying to 'double-click a custom content package
file to install...'

Where am I going wrong? I also have the same problem with the red computer
and a pumpkin light that I downloaded.

Thanks in advance.

O_o

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004

"Mickey" <radish4mickey@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the hacked energy picture but it does not show in the
> game. I extracted it in to the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims
> 2\Downloads folder and it does not appear in the game. I also
> double-clicked and ran it with the 'sims 2 content installer' (as
> mentioned on a forum somewhere) and it just comes up with a message
> saying to 'double-click a custom content package file to install...'
>
> Where am I going wrong? I also have the same problem with the red
> computer and a pumpkin light that I downloaded.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Navigate to that "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads" folder and
make sure that the files are THERE (and not in a subfolder). If they are,
open the subfolder(s) and move the files to the Downloads folder. <--
Lots of people have this problem because of the way WinZip works and the
fact that Sims 2 is too lazy to search through subfolders.

Yep they are in there - what now?

> Navigate to that "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads" folder and
> make sure that the files are THERE (and not in a subfolder). If they are,
> open the subfolder(s) and move the files to the Downloads folder. <--
> Lots of people have this problem because of the way WinZip works and the
> fact that Sims 2 is too lazy to search through subfolders.

O_o

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2004

"Mickey" <radish4mickey@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:

> Yep they are in there - what now?

Go to art/paintings in buy mode and it should be there ($59 IIRC).

Maybe this has already been mentioned . . . I downloaded and installed the
picture that fulfills all needs, but it has a weird quirk. (Nothing
serious, happily.)

My Sim had a very low hygiene level, among other things. After viewing the
magic picture, all needs were filled, as expected. But, he still had that
green stink vapor coming off of him. Neither he nor any of the other nearby
Sims seemed to notice it though. I think this happened with another need at
another time too, but I can't recall the details now.

"Mickey" <radish4mickey@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the hacked energy picture but it does not show in the game. I
> extracted it in to the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder
> and it does not appear in the game. I also double-clicked and ran it with
> the 'sims 2 content installer' (as mentioned on a forum somewhere) and it
> just comes up with a message saying to 'double-click a custom content
> package file to install...'
>
> Where am I going wrong? I also have the same problem with the red computer
> and a pumpkin light that I downloaded.
>
> Thanks in advance.

:-( Still not happening. There is one similar for $60 but it does not do
anything when viewed except give a little 'fun', I think that one is the
original maxis one.

The red computer and the pumpkin never appear in the game either. Perhaps I
need to reinstall it. If so, how do I save my sims and houses etc and put
them in the newly installed game?

Thanks in advance.

"o_O" <o_O@sendme.spam> wrote in message
> "Mickey" <radish4mickey@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yep they are in there - what now?
>
> Go to art/paintings in buy mode and it should be there ($59 IIRC).

TRENDING THREADS