Cat 9.11 out,post your experiences

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008

Hmm, yes.. I almost forgot his addiction to pictures that have no bearing on the post since they are blocked at work.. Or perhaps he took a vacation from them for a bit :p

I just did a search and it seems with a program called "Mobility Modder" you can download the desktop version and install it with this program

thecomputernut492

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Ummm. Big problems. I install the 9.11 drivers, then boot up to a ridiculously pink colored screen, with vertical bars. This only happens at 1920 x 1080, and doesn't happen at all with the 9.11 BETA drivers. It does happen with the 9.10 and 9.11 drivers. I'm using a Sapphire 5850, and my motherboard chipset drivers are up to date. This is getting really frustrating, and I don't know where to turn to. Anyway. Those are my experiences with the 9.11s. The suck, at least for me. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Did you check with older drivers like Cat 9.8 too ?

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
People, if you are going to install new drivers for your video card, PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD (if there is one) uninstall your old drivers properly before installing the new one.

Simply installing one set of drivers over the previous version(s) could lead to bugs.

OK then,do a clean uninstall(i for got to tell you that),first download and install Driver Sweeper(form here : http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ )
1_Uninstall the driver from control panel and restart
2_Boot to safe mode and open driver sweeper,put a tick in "ATI" and click on clean and restart
3_Boot normally and install the new driver

If it didn't help you may want to install Cat 9.12 Beta's:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=309166

thecomputernut492

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

Thanks for your help, but I already tried that. In fact, this problem persists even on a fresh install of Windows. I think it's just a glitch, and I'll have to hope that ATI pays attention to my messages. By the way. Are you sure that those are actually 9.12 betas, cause the actual 3D version is 8.663.1, and my 9.11 beta version is 8.67. Kinda wierd...Anyway, I appreciate your advice, but I just can't see a solution to this. I don't really want to try older drivers, as that's going in the wrong direction. I guess I'll just wait for the 9.12s and hope for the best. Thanks again.

Well, it could be that the final revision of 9.11 was made after the beta 9.12 (because the final 9.11 had to go through testing, while 9.12 is just a beta). I agree that is weird though, I have not seen that before.