Strange USB problem possibly motherboard related?

G

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to read this. I have had this problem for about 4 months now, it has re-occurred after a reformat and it is very frustrating. My problem is that ever since this started happening i lose USB connection to my mouse and mouse only. I hear the sound that windows makes when a USB device is disconnected and the 2 seconds later i hear the sound that windows makes when a USB device is connected, note when this happens power is still going to the mouse but i have no control over it. Sometimes it will proceed to do that over and over again for minuets at a time, and then be fine for 30min.

I initially thought it was my mouse so i proceeded to uninstall the drivers for my Mx518. That didn't work, so i tried my old G7 which works fine, and the problem still occurred. so i thought shoot ill try my old Microscoft laser mouse that'll do the trick, low and behold same problem, so it is not the mouse.

I also went ahead and updated my motherboard driver's i tried rolling them back two with no results.

My friend suggested that it could be a voltage issue with my motherboard or even my memory, i replied then why is it only my mouse that is affected and not my web cam or g15 keyboard? so i guess my question is could this be motherboard related, this if so this will be the second 780i...

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time to read my rant...

Thanks,

FUG1T1V3

PC SPEC
-----------
Q9300
4gb 800 @ 1066 4-4-4-12 ( i tried returning to stock clocks...)
EVGA 780i
EVGA 9800GT
windows 7 64