kjdrew35000

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Just had to replace my PSU, got the CUG-950B by coolmax, put it in and hooked everything up and it powered on fine.
Then it just shut down all on its own, hit the power button and it boots back up but then shuts back down everytime.
My motherboard power requirments says

ATX power supply (with 24-pin and 4-pin 12 V plugs)
ATX 12 V 2.0 compliant
ASUS EZ Plug (When using two graphics cards and a
20-pin ATX PSU or, if the two graphics cards do not
have auxiliary power

My old PSU was ATX 12 V 2.0 compliant, The new one is ATX12V V.2.2
Would that cause the problem?

A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Amd 3000 + Duel Core
2 Gig of Ram
2 Nvidia 6800GS in SLI

zxxmanny16xxz

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
the version of your motherboard power and power supply have to be the same ex atx12v motherboard and atx12v power supply the version with 2.2 prob has diffrent build than your motherboard return it and buy the same version as your motherboard and it should work. never gave me any problems

No, as long as the motherboard and PSU are both ATX 2.x you are good, the revisions just have some refinements on the quality of the output power, however the pin assignments remain the same.

Go through and make sure that everything is connected properly, then try booting again. If that doesnt fix it try using a paper clip to jump start it, but be careful. If you cannot jump start it then your PSU is dead and you will need to RMA it.
http://www.overclock.net/faqs/96712-how-jump-start-power-supply-psu.html

kjdrew35000

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Thanks for the quick responses guys, the power supply does get power and i can boot most of the time into windows
But with in a couple of minutes the system completly shuts down almost like i pulled the plug. But i still have power to my USB
Ports. I can start the system right back up and then it will shut down again. I checked all my connections a 1000 times now it
feels like and they are all good and properly seated. So the v2.0 and the v2.2 or v2.3 does not matter for my system? Im thinking i just got a bad PSU but just wanted to know some other peoples thoughts about it befor i RMA it.