No video on computer with brand new components?

thecolorcute

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
I'm a noob here, so sorry if I'm breaking any rules. But, I'm having a computer problem and thought I'd ask here.

So, I just bought a brand new CPU, motherboard, power supply, and hard drive for my computer. I'm not getting any video. I've tried it with my video card, I've tried it with the on-board video, and still nothing. I don't have any operating system in yet as my last hard drive died. But I should at least see the BIOS or an attempt to boot. Everything appears to be plugged in correctly. I know my DVD drive is plugged in and the power button will turn the computer on but it will not turn it off if I hold it down. The restart button doesn't work either. Also, the front CPU-Temperature/Fan display isn't working, but that shouldn't matter. The motherboard has power, the hard drive has power and is connected, all of the fans have power, my video card had power when I had it connected. I've reset the CMOS battery. I've tried two DVI cables, a VGA cable, and two different monitors, and still nothing. I just cycled through the RAM and still got nothing. My motherboard and CPU are of course compatible (I'm using the Phenom II 965 BE and this motherboard --> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128395)

I'm stumped as to what's wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

thecolorcute

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H
AMD Phenom II 965 BE
4GB DDR2 RAM (I think it's Super Talent. Nothing special)
nVidia BFG 8800GT OC 512mb
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS
Lite-On DVD Drive
Netgear WiFi Card
Corsair CMPSU750TX 750w PSU

I also just cycled through the RAM and still got nothing...