• No
  • 53 %
  • Maybe
  • 12 %
  • Undecided
  • 5 %
a b B Homebuilt system
November 11, 2009 1:11:09 AM

So, like the question asks folks, do you plan to buy CoD:MW2 for the PC? I for one do not plan to buy it. Any one else?

More about : buy cod mw2

a b B Homebuilt system
November 11, 2009 1:11:59 AM

Damn it. Probably not the right section, so mods feel free to move it.
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
November 11, 2009 5:44:30 AM

Me, neither.
Related resources
November 11, 2009 5:51:46 AM

Why not? I like the new stuff. Yes its bound to be written for console and ported over but its worth a shot. If its crap (like Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising) I can always bung it on eBay.
November 11, 2009 5:59:32 AM

I would probably buy it for the computer purely because of the mouse + keyboard.

My computer isn't working though and won't be running till Monday, so I dunno if I can wait that long, might just get it for the 360.
a b B Homebuilt system
November 11, 2009 6:19:42 AM

Nope, why bother?
November 11, 2009 8:13:17 AM

Mouse & Keyboard - FAR superior to a console stick. A pity you can't play cross-platform because a good mouse-keyboard player would wipe up.

... why bother? Do you get up out of bed at all? :) 
November 11, 2009 9:37:23 AM

I will...........

Although, I condone what activision has done with the game, but I condone piracy even more than that.... So, yeah, I will buy it.
November 11, 2009 10:33:41 AM

I will, It'll be my first CoD since CoD 2, can't wait to get it :D 
November 11, 2009 12:28:56 PM

don't like what IW has done with the no dedicated server thing, but I'll still buy it. Actually, I already have.
December 2, 2009 10:06:43 AM

all that matters is whether the online gameplay rocks like mw or not ;p
December 2, 2009 10:32:06 AM

firstly, the multiplayer side of the game is insanely good. it beats modern warfare 1 in every way:

- graphics are much better
- more gametypes
- maps are at least a trillion times better (mw1 maps were terrible)
- they've fixed sky grenade spamming, less range, more arc, 1 nade maximum.
- grenades roll along the floor. and the grenade alternative, semtex, is awesome.
- the ragdoll/animations are greatly improved.
- the weapons sound and feel much better.
- there are many more weapon addons - silenced sniper with infrared scope (massive erection)
- the perks are well balanced and it's hard to choose what to use (no more annoying last stand and martyrdom)
- kill streaks and death streaks are amazing (last stand and martyrdom are death streaks.. die 5-6 times with no kills and you get to last stand one time)
- kill cam is improved

the interface is new to me, i don't play console, so automatically finding populated stable games has a plus side if you just want a quick game. but ultimately i think the usual 'pc way' is the right way, and they had no reason to change it.

activision are a bunch of tw@'s, but if you like your online shooters then you're punishing yourself big-time if you don't get this game.

the only annoying thing about MW2 is that they didn't remove mounted grenade launchers. noob spawns in, noob aims in your general direction, noob kills you. grenade launchers are deadly in real life, and it's not 'that' easy to aim... but instant kill with no warning is very unforgiving.
December 2, 2009 11:09:26 AM

Im sticking with MW1, tried MW2 and imo its sucks major ba**s. I dont care much for improved gfx, and to me "silenced sniper with infrared scope" is as lame as harriers and predator missles. And the blood splatter on your sight is annoying to a point that i cant even describe. But thats just me. Quake 3 owns anyway ;]
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2009 12:15:10 PM

I'll get it on the 360. Prefer playing FPSs on the console, mainly because my current computer uses my TV as the monitor and couches aren't that great for gaming...
December 2, 2009 2:38:29 PM

MaDMagik said:
Im sticking with MW1, tried MW2 ain imo its sucks major ba**s. I dont care much for improved gfx, and to me "silenced sniper with infrared scope" is as lame as harriers and predator missles. And the blood splatter on your sight is annoying to a point that i cant even describe. But thats just me. Quake 3 owns anyway ;]

i'm an oldschool UT player, but i play mostly TF2 atm.

how is predator missile, harrier and silenced infrared sniper more lame than MW1 stuff?

- map design = there are more interior areas to take cover from noob tubes/kill streak 'i win buttons'
- the MW1 airstrike was a joke as 50% of the time it would hit the side of a building and 25% of the time it would kill you then kill you two more times because you respawned under it instantly.
- predator is a single explosion, like a grenade only larger... how is this more lame than MW1 airstrike?
- the automated sentry/plane/heli are finally balanced because you have stuff to counter it.. without the MW1 way of 'shoot 100 bullets at it'. you have coldblooded perk, anti-air missiles, emp, counter-uav...

not sure if it's the same in MW2, but MW1 was insanely cheap because you could 'save' your heli until you die, then use it when you respawn and camp, then you get back up to airstrike in no time without moving, then it's a simple 2 kill airstrike for another heli. repeat the process and you can top the scoreboard with a rediculous kill:D eath ratio only firing your gun to kickstart the combo... especially on those terrible terrible maps *shudder*... there weren't actually any decent maps on MW1 tbh - broadcast which was released like 1.5 years later is the only decent one... stuff like crash was only tolerable because the others were even worse.

i played MW1 furiously until i got to lvl55, then i came to my senses and realised it was worse, or CERTAINLY no better, then cod2. so i uninstalled and resumed playing TF2. whereas MW2 is actually an improvement on COD2, and actually shows progression in the franchise.
a b B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2009 2:43:42 PM

Nah. Too many games to play and too little time as it is.
December 2, 2009 3:03:58 PM

Heard that the multiplayer system on PC was horrible. The games are hosted on a players PC and pings suck most of the time. If my PS3 wasn't dead, I'd buy it on console x(
December 2, 2009 3:12:20 PM

yeah, MW2 doesn't support dedicated servers anymore, but I am more than happy with their current multiplayer architecture of hosting on a players PC.

i have been playing it online for a while now (reached lvl48), and NOT ONCE have I been in a game that either lagged, or timed me out. A couple of times, I have gotten timed out of the lobby before the game begins, but never during a game.
I almost always play games with a ping less than 50, the most i've ever played is <70.
and out of the hundreds of games I've played, about 5-10 has it happened that the host left / disconnected, and in those cases the host has always been successfully transferred to another player quickly and in-game.

so, all in all, can't complain. its been a great experience so far.

PS - and I have a very average net connection (3-5mbps)
a b B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2009 7:25:21 PM

Just a quick question, my sis plans to get a 360 for Xmas, any chance of me beign able to use Mouse + KB to pwn all those noobs? G5 + G11 FTW!
a c 104 B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2009 9:31:04 PM

No! My son could not wait so this one PS3
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2009 1:20:21 AM

Shadow703793 said:
Just a quick question, my sis plans to get a 360 for Xmas, any chance of me beign able to use Mouse + KB to pwn all those noobs? G5 + G11 FTW!

Not a chance. The two platforms don't have a way to play against each other.
December 3, 2009 10:01:31 AM

Do get this game you wont be dissapointed with it!
a b B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2009 10:50:36 AM

As a Console game I'm sure its fine. As a PC game its a bit lacking.
December 4, 2009 8:06:47 AM

you know, after playing multiplayer for a few days now... i think the 12 player limit in TDM is a blessing. the game is so much more balanced with 6v6... you can actually move around without getting overwhelmed. it's more about quality and less about quantity.

the graphics are breathtaking on some maps, especially 'afghan', and i've got >80 fps at all times on highest with hd4890 @ 1680x1050.

i honestly think MW2 is a remarkable online FPS game. i have experienced a bit of lag, but it's more than compensated by the thrill of getting an 11 kill streak and tearing up the map as the gunner of an attack heli... even on the receiving end - it's exciting running for cover and waiting out a barrage from the sky. besides, it's not easy to get an 11 kill streak in 6v6 if there's some decent opposition.
December 17, 2009 7:03:24 PM

I bought MW2 exclusively to play on pc because I can't stand using sticks to play FPS games. One thing I find really funny is that I managed to play the single player all the way through without a single hitch but as soon as I start playing the multiplayer the game crashes every 10-30 mins depending on what it wants to do. My system is far from slouch... without getting too detailed I'm running Windows 7 64bit...i7...with two Nvidia 295gtx. I tried every damn thing under the sun from re-installing the game...switching hardware...verifying files...etc. My over-priced POS computer does not like this game...I've researched this issue and found that many people are having the same problem iw4mp.exe has stopped working crash to desktop...and at the moment there is no fix. I'm confident that Infinity Ward will patch the pc version and things will return to normal.

I've been a hardcore pc gamer for years and refused to come over to the dark-side aka console gaming...but it seems that most of the developers have jumped ship on PC and have all jumped on the console ban wagon....hell the version of mw2 on x360 and ps3 have already been patched to a new version and the pc version is still waiting for release. What I'm getting at is that spending 3k on a super rig is almost worthless these days...most of the block buster titles are now designed to be played on consoles and simply ported over to pc without much testing involved. About the only reason to keep my PC is to play and blizzard titles...other then that many of the pc titles that I play are available on console.

SO...after much frustration with mw2 and failed attempts to get this game running...I said the hell with it and bought this title for ps3...

Never thought I'd say this but gaming on the console is convincing me that the pc being the dominate system for gaming is a thing of the past...I think it's nice that everyone has a level playing field…same system…controllers etc...and the benefit of not having to worry about hackers, crashes, hardware upgrades etc...
Honestly the only company that really keeps me coming back to the pc is blizzard aside from that I don't think I'll be gaming on the pc much longer...which sucks!!! Don't get me wrong I would much rather play on my pc but the market just isn't there any more...damn those consoles!!!
a b B Homebuilt system
December 17, 2009 8:12:13 PM

^ Lies! You still have to worry about RRODs :p 
February 1, 2010 5:19:21 PM

Well I have been playing FPS since Counter strike. Then it was GRAW which was very difficult to beat but I finally did. COD2 was the third FPS and I loved that game all the way around. Then COD4 which since COunter strike never played online. Man COD4 multiplayer is so good. No hesitation playing online at all. Weapon selection is awesome. Dedicated servers and all of that is awesome too. I just finished the single player story line so I did decide to go with MW2 just to finish the story line and see what all of the fuss is about. Well I do like MW2 but there are some negatives like some hesitation at times. Not much though even for a wifi connection the game runs very good. The graphics are going to blow you away..The maps are very good. The weapons for multiplayer are not good at the beggining but as you move up you get your favorites like M4 and the M16 or the AKs or the G3s. The Infared Sniper gun should be taken out of Multiplayer matches just not practical for online matches also too easy to scope out enemies. Limited players online at a time 18 players online most of the time. Your kill rate will be lower overall. Overall the Multiplayer is good but I still give COD4 online play 5 stars and COD MW2 5 stars because of all of the good GPXs but it could get a 6 star if it had dedicated servers..
February 1, 2010 5:19:24 PM

Well I have been playing FPS since Counter strike. Then it was GRAW which was very difficult to beat but I finally did. COD2 was the third FPS and I loved that game all the way around. Then COD4 which since COunter strike never played online. Man COD4 multiplayer is so good. No hesitation playing online at all. Weapon selection is awesome. Dedicated servers and all of that is awesome too. I just finished the single player story line so I did decide to go with MW2 just to finish the story line and see what all of the fuss is about. Well I do like MW2 but there are some negatives like some hesitation at times. Not much though even for a wifi connection the game runs very good. The graphics are going to blow you away..The maps are very good. The weapons for multiplayer are not good at the beggining but as you move up you get your favorites like M4 and the M16 or the AKs or the G3s. The Infared Sniper gun should be taken out of Multiplayer matches just not practical for online matches also too easy to scope out enemies. Limited players online at a time 18 players online most of the time. Your kill rate will be lower overall. Overall the Multiplayer is good but I still give COD4 online play 5 stars and COD MW2 5 stars because of all of the good GPXs but it could get a 6 star if it had dedicated servers..
!