Your question

Asus M4A78T-E and HDMI

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • HDMI
Last response: in Motherboards
May 13, 2010 3:54:43 AM

I have an Asus M4A78T-E motherboard right now and it has an HDMI port on it. I was hoping to hook it up to my tv and use that as a way of watching TV. Going through the manual there's mention of doing something like that by enabling Surround View in the BIOS, but when I try to do that it's stuck on auto and cannot be changed.

My Current setup is:
PII x4 955
Asus M4A78T-E
4Gb Kingtson 1333 Ram
Nvidia 8800GTX
Vista Home 32 bit

Looking around hasn't turned up much, although there is talk of the catalyst control center by some people which, as everyone knows, is to control ATI cards. Could me not having this installed be the reason that I cannot access this in any way? If it is, won't installing catalyst drivers when I already have an nvidia card and its drivers installed mess everything up? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated cause I'm stuck.

More about : asus m4a78t hdmi

a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2010 4:24:07 AM

Surroundview requires an ATI/AMD video card to be installed to be used in conjunction with your onboard video. Are you trying to connect a TV and a monitor at the same time?
m
l
May 13, 2010 4:43:44 AM

Ya, that's what I was going to try and do. If that's the case I guess I'll wait till I get a 5850 or 5870. Thanks for confirming that for me.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2010 12:23:08 PM

Your 8800GTX should be able to connect to a TV and a monitor at the same time. It has two video-out ports on it. Surrounview is for connecting 3 displays.
m
l
May 13, 2010 9:25:23 PM

ya, my 8800 can connect to two displays, although I don't have a DVI or audio cable long enough to reach my tv, where as I do have an HDMI cable that's long enough.
m
l
!