Help getting started

Evoligion

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hi folks, I've recently been looking into improving my system. This is my second build and my knowledge of abbreviations and everyday computer lingo is very lacking so it is very hard for me to understand things even when i research them first as to not post a repeated thread so i thought i would ask a general question.

CPUID
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2313648

If i can send more info let me know how im new like i said but really enjoy tinkering. I fried my router yesterday updating firmware... wanted a new one anyway so didn't mind trying, but had a good reason to tell the wifey ya know? lol So I thought maybe before i fry something really expensive someone might be kind enough to point me towards some things i can improve and possibly some guides for a dummy.

Thanks so much guys what a great forum!

Evoligion

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I wanted to know if everything on my computer is setup optimally. I want to overclock ect. yes ive read the guide just wanted some noob help on my system not sure what all to do or not to do...? Attempt to unlock my 4th core? OC? what can i do with all the other variables like chache's, firmware, timings on memory, gfx settings... i constantly read but its like i start too far ahead on everything, if that makes sense. Its hard to find a beginners guide with everyone's systems setup differently so i either need to learn from the basics up or someone just say hey, i think you should do 1.) 2.) and 3.) with that system it will be stable and faster.

Thanks i hope that made sense

jogladik

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012

The first step is to figure out what you want from your computer and and in what areas - for one game, but for classical music - wall directly (silence). And accordingly, the last time you ran the event, the proper cooling and ventilation, appropriate noiseless hard drives and fans with a good resource. For the mathematics - a powerful processor with memory and better Linux, and for the Internet - Windows 7 (> extended) with two...three channels of communication & good anti-spam prog for the user is an ordinary or a specific server to a web site with specific software. What would have been all right - we must take from reliable manufacturers - for example, Intel - all is OK, but did not accelerate, Dell will always be good for work for non-standard Linux, and HP will provide an in-depth service. It is important to know why & for what. All in one & only work is Apple.First, examine your computer and the system - then realize that it is bad. For the study also has a lot of software. everesthome220
http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl/614d047536e17b73f1ffb28e40b0e281/4df9e7c8/100016369/software/system/info/everesthome220.zip, hw32_393, http://www.almico.com/installspeedfan444.exe, prime95 for load CPU, CPUID ROG CPU-Z, RealTemp_360, etc.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
well if you plan to o-clock at some point? than water cooling is the way to go for the first timers to overcocking (keep in mind that water cooling is not going to allow for high clocks on anything) . there are better cooling solutions, phase change being one of them, (as well as a whole lot more costume solutions) the price for each of these just keeps going up. but water cooling is the easiest of these solutions to learn and understand. if you would like more on this please ask.