Sign in with
Your question

CD/RW

Last response: in Storage
October 6, 2011 8:02:57 AM

I bought a new computer and tried to copy my pictures from my old Windows XP computer onto a cd/rw disk. I moved all my pics and when I went to close, I got the message I had files to be written to CD. But when I go to write them I get the message "There is not enough free space for all your files. There are 702 MB free space on the disk and 3.92GB to be written. To continue please reduce the total amount to be written by 3.25GB. But my pictures are no longer in "my pictures" program. My pictures are out there in space somewhere and if I remove enough pictures from my F:/drive to reduce the total amount to be written by 3.25GB, I'll loose those pictures I have to remove. Can someone please tell me what I need to do. I truly don't won't to loose my pictures.

More about : question

a b G Storage
October 6, 2011 8:49:50 AM

I think your files might be located here.

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6142_102-26971.html

Quote:
Drive_letter:\Documents and Settings\ username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
Try browsing to there and see if you can find the pics.
October 6, 2011 12:59:20 PM

They weren't there. There was no option for CD Burning, just media player which was empty. But thanks for the suggestion. Got any more suggestions??? I hope!
Related resources
a b G Storage
October 6, 2011 1:08:09 PM

They should be in a temp folder somewhere. Do you remember a name of a picture? Can you search your computer for that? Make sure you look in hidden/temp folders as well.

Edit: Have you tried right clicking on your CD/RW drive and clicking explore? That might show you the files as well.
October 6, 2011 1:40:40 PM

The pictures come up on the F: Drive waiting to be written to a CD but it doesn't let me proceed. I thought it would let me download them to a CD and when it got full, allow me to insert a CD but it doesn't. It tells me to remove files. If I remove them, I will loose them and it won't let me copy a portion of them either. I've tried marking a few but I get the same message. I either have to download all of them or none of them. I have a UBC Flash card but it won't allow me to download to anything but a CD and it really won't let me do that either because of the limited options and too many pics.
a b G Storage
October 7, 2011 12:52:34 AM

You can't copy/paste them back out?
October 7, 2011 1:33:47 AM

That might be the only choice I have left....if it lets me! Wish me Luck!
!