Best am3 motherboards

G

Hello,
i am going for the p2 x4 965 be. which mobo would be good considering crossfire/sli, esata, ddr 1600 support, pci expansion, usb 3, onboard graphics would be a plus not mandatory though. I am hanging between asus and gigabyte. Please advise.

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- What is ur budget for the mobo?
2- The best AMD mobos comes with AMD chipset that only support Crossfire, so, if u want an AMD chipset ur only option is Crossfire. If u want SLI is better go with Intel.
3- Do u already have the RAM?

G

Thanks for replying mate.

I can shell out upto Rs. 10000 .... say around $ 200.
Im okay with Crossfire.
No I dont have the RAM. But Im planning on 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-1333
OR
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333.

Your thoughts please..

cpunv

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Ok kinda off topic my lil bro has the first crosshair mobo and corsair ddr 667 with 8800gt oc anyway the board is going bad and he is for the moment low on funds and looking for a cheeper board compareable to the crosshair four. by this i mean he has the antec twelve hundred and wants to be able to hook all fans to the board to be easily monitored any suggestions it is known and planned to head up to 4gb ripjaw 1600 ddr 3 or kingston 1600 with new board

cpunv

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Ok kinda off topic my lil bro has the first crosshair mobo and corsair ddr 667 with 8800gt oc anyway the board is going bad and he is for the moment low on funds and looking for a cheeper board compareable to the crosshair four. by this i mean he has the antec twelve hundred and wants to be able to hook all fans to the board to be easily monitored any suggestions it is known and planned to head up to 4gb ripjaw 1600 ddr 3 or kingston 1600 with new board