How to clean up my hard drive on my computer dell 3000

Yed Ied

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Download "Malwarebytes" and install it. Run it in Safe Mode if you can, kill all the bugs. Download "CCleaner" run the cleaner, then click on the registry and run that too. "Auslogics Disk Defrag" is the best I have used will do a very good job defraging and optomizing your HDD. I have done thousands like and will do a great job. Yed Ied

Another person who does not know the ins/outs of MBAM, by suggesting to run it in safe mode. That practice is not recommended by the Techs at Malwarebytes. And with their newest release, MBAM will disguise itself from infections, so it can be executed in Normal startup mode (when all infections are active and have a load point that can be traced. You should join the forums at Malwarebytes, and be brought up to date before giving advice on the product.

Yed Ied

Honorable
May 11, 2012

I have changed the name for MBAM to install it for years, and run it in Safe Mode first time every time, when possible. It usually is enough, but it almost always gets me into GUI where it can be run again, to finish the job. It is a great program and I use it 8 to 10 times a week and doing it this way works for me. I am glad they are addressing the recognition problem, but even after they do that, if I can I will still change the name, because hackers will still be working against them but paying little attention to what I do. Yed Ied

Some people, you just cannot convince how to do the appropriate fix.
Obviously you are one of them. > Chameleon !

Yed Ied

Honorable
May 11, 2012

I apologize if I'm not falling in line. I don't know any MBAM tech's personally, but I am a certified tech and have volunteered in a non profit refurbishing shop for almost five years and have repaired hundreds of PC's this way, as that is how they showed me. It is hard to be told that what I do doesn"t work when I know it does. I admit I do not know everything as I am having a driver problem and if you would help me with that I promise not to interfere with your instruction in the future. Yed Ied

Did not intend to be rude or crude, but as I went back & reread the thread, I guess I was. No insult intended ! :cry: What is the driver issue ?

Yed Ied

Honorable
May 11, 2012

Sir, I yield to your knowledge and service to those on my level, thank you. I have a current thread "Hp Pavilion a1350n", in regards to the Multi Media Audio and VGA compatible Video Drivers, or rather the lack there of. I appreciate your kind words and will watch that thread. Thanks Yed Ied