Problem with PC

Jjiinx

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
I had this problem last night and I can't figure out what's causing it. It started when my pc locked up randomly, then locked up again after a reboot, then stopped booting. When I turn on the PC multiple issues will happen, either the display won't turn on, the system will freeze in the bios, windows 7 will start to boot, but the logo during the boot screen will become distorted and eventually freeze, or windows will begin to boot, but there will be no booting logo and freeze there. when I try and access the bios settings most of the time the keyboard won't function (wont recognize me pressing DEL or F11 for boot menu) When I put in a Windows CD to reinstall the system it will freeze while booting the CD. I replaced the CPU and MOBO this morning and the same problems occur. Also replaced HDD and same problems. mt gfx card is a geforce gtx 285, if anyone needs more info ill post, please help!

list full system specs. If the logo on the boot screen is become distorted it is hardware related, likely the GPU but possibly the motherboard, but please list all specs, include the PSU make and model too. Since you said you replaced your motherboard this morning that pretty much narrows it down to your GPU, any chance its still covered under warranty?

Jjiinx

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010

whew, it IS an evga, ill check up on that warranty, thanks for the info!