A Little Help Finding the Right Card?

Skyman747

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I saw this deal that Best Buy will be having on Black Friday and thought it was pretty good, what with the 1TB HDD, 8GB of RAM, free monitor, but I have some questions about what I'll need to tweak to get it gaming.
These aren't the exact specs, but I figure the computer listed in the Ad (p2614y) is just a variation of the p2610y.

First of all it comes with integrated graphics, and since I would like to do some gaming on it, I know that must go. I will be playing on a 1600 x 900 res. monitor and would like to play games at medium - high settings. The specs for the desktop also only mention it having a "PCI Express x16" while I notice most cards on Newegg include 2.0 after that detail. It also only has a 300W PSU, which I am willing to upgrade, although I want to try and keep the cost of the Card+PSU under $200.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for being a complete noob at this stuff :sweat:
bestbuy-page-19.jpg

Solution

TheViper

Distinguished
Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

A few things about this computer .....

Weak gaming processor that likely will not overclock.

Monitor is never "free" cheap parts are used to make it seem like you are getting something for nothing.

Pegatron motherboard. I have read nothing but bad things about them.

If you have $700 to spend and do not need a monitor build your own. You will get much higher quality parts and will be able to overclock.