Can i watch hd movies on my T240 Samsung

G

I have Samsung T240 monitor and I'm not sure that my DVI to HDMI cable (from the grafic card to the monitor) provides HD signal.How i can get HD picture (movie,video.....)from my pc to my t240?Do i need new grafic card with HDMI out,do i need new cabel....?
Thanks in advance

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
I have Samsung T240 monitor and I'm not sure that my DVI to HDMI cable (from the grafic card to the monitor) provides HD signal.How i can get HD picture (movie,video.....)from my pc to my t240?Do i need new grafic card with HDMI out,do i need new cabel....?
Thanks in advance
you sure can , rez is 1920x1200 19:10 ratio you'll have a band of black on top and bottom unless you change the aspect ratio adjustment on player(vlc, nero show time , media player ) , but that often distorts the 16:9 picture .
the DVI to HDMI adapter might not carry sound , mine doesn't , so i run cable from comp sound card to TV .
You'll get a great HD picture with that monitor .
What graphics card do yoy have ?

G

Hmmm....ok but when i play some movie FULL HD the picture is worse than the picture on the same movie on another TV HD READY (not with the same DVI to HDMI cabel) what do u think it will be better if i plug DVI to HDMI converter in to the graphics card and connect with good quality HDMI to HDMI cabel???
About the sound i have sarround connected with the sound card
My graphics card is NVIDIA GFORCE 9600 GT - EVGA

Thanks

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
What cable you use now ? VGA or DVI> HDMI ?DVI to HDMI converter in to the graphics card and connect with good quality HDMI to HDMI ccable will give best pic . are all latest drivers software used on vid card ?

G

The cabel is DVI in (graphics card) out (monitor)
I tryed with DVI to DVI cabel and the picture is same
So DVI to HDMI converter in to the graphics card and connect with good quality HDMI to HDMI cable is better (the best) solution right???

Ok i'll try that and i'll write to you back
Thanks again for your help

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
So DVI to HDMI converter in to the graphics card and connect with good quality HDMI to HDMI cable is better (the best) solution right???

No, no one even told you to do that. DVI to HDMI is the same as HDMI to HDMI and DVI to DVI. The only difference is that DVI doesn't carry sound. That shouldn't be a problem anyway. Your "quality" isn't going to get any better on the monitor. There are no good quality HDMI cables. They're all the same as long as they're relatively short (under 20 feet). Don't dupe yourself into buying expensive cables.

EDIT: Someone actually did tell you to try that... He's wrong.

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

DVI TO DVI is the same as DVI >HDMI adapter to HDMI cable , as long as the cables are 1.3 don't spend $$$ on super cables . I paid 4 cents at Amazon and they work fine