Sign in with
Your question

Can i watch hd movies on my T240 Samsung

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
November 18, 2009 4:23:31 AM

I have Samsung T240 monitor and I'm not sure that my DVI to HDMI cable (from the grafic card to the monitor) provides HD signal.How i can get HD picture (movie,video.....)from my pc to my t240?Do i need new grafic card with HDMI out,do i need new cabel....?
Thanks in advance
a b C Monitor
November 18, 2009 10:22:16 AM

From their site I can't find anything related to HD on this T240...
Anyone could help him?
November 19, 2009 12:19:05 AM

Quote:
I have Samsung T240 monitor and I'm not sure that my DVI to HDMI cable (from the grafic card to the monitor) provides HD signal.How i can get HD picture (movie,video.....)from my pc to my t240?Do i need new grafic card with HDMI out,do i need new cabel....?
Thanks in advance

you sure can , rez is 1920x1200 19:10 ratio you'll have a band of black on top and bottom unless you change the aspect ratio adjustment on player(vlc, nero show time , media player ) , but that often distorts the 16:9 picture .
the DVI to HDMI adapter might not carry sound , mine doesn't , so i run cable from comp sound card to TV .
You'll get a great HD picture with that monitor .
What graphics card do yoy have ?
Related resources
November 19, 2009 10:48:51 AM

The T240HD supports up to 1980x1200, which is beyond 1080p resolution. So yes, HD is not a problem.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
November 19, 2009 1:37:19 PM

Hmmm....ok but when i play some movie FULL HD the picture is worse than the picture on the same movie on another TV HD READY (not with the same DVI to HDMI cabel) what do u think it will be better if i plug DVI to HDMI converter in to the graphics card and connect with good quality HDMI to HDMI cabel???
About the sound i have sarround connected with the sound card
My graphics card is NVIDIA GFORCE 9600 GT - EVGA

Thanks
November 19, 2009 2:18:10 PM

What cable you use now ? VGA or DVI> HDMI ?DVI to HDMI converter in to the graphics card and connect with good quality HDMI to HDMI ccable will give best pic . are all latest drivers software used on vid card ?
November 19, 2009 4:07:45 PM

There are no "good quality" cables; its a digital signal. Either it gets to the TV, or it doesn't.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
November 19, 2009 4:33:11 PM

The cabel is DVI in (graphics card) out (monitor)
I tryed with DVI to DVI cabel and the picture is same
So DVI to HDMI converter in to the graphics card and connect with good quality HDMI to HDMI cable is better (the best) solution right???

Ok i'll try that and i'll write to you back
Thanks again for your help
a b C Monitor
November 19, 2009 4:43:01 PM

Quote:
So DVI to HDMI converter in to the graphics card and connect with good quality HDMI to HDMI cable is better (the best) solution right???

No, no one even told you to do that. DVI to HDMI is the same as HDMI to HDMI and DVI to DVI. The only difference is that DVI doesn't carry sound. That shouldn't be a problem anyway. Your "quality" isn't going to get any better on the monitor. There are no good quality HDMI cables. They're all the same as long as they're relatively short (under 20 feet). Don't dupe yourself into buying expensive cables.

EDIT: Someone actually did tell you to try that... He's wrong.
November 19, 2009 6:54:04 PM

Quote:

DVI TO DVI is the same as DVI >HDMI adapter to HDMI cable , as long as the cables are 1.3 don't spend $$$ on super cables . I paid 4 cents at Amazon and they work fine
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
November 20, 2009 1:22:56 AM

Ok guys
Thanks a lot to all of you
!