Sign in with
Your question

Flash update failed now what

Last response: in Motherboards
May 13, 2010 10:21:20 PM

Hello,
Walked into computer room to the sound of the CPU fan running full tilt. When I turned the monitor on it has the msg "Flash update failed. Press F2 to run setup."

Pressing F2 does nothing even after re-booting...get the same message everytime.

I have my computer check and download updates at night, so I don't know what it was doing last night...except committing suicide.

More about : flash update failed

a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2010 10:37:10 PM

bjmorris said:
Hello,
Walked into computer room to the sound of the CPU fan running full tilt. When I turned the monitor on it has the msg "Flash update failed. Press F2 to run setup."

Pressing F2 does nothing even after re-booting...get the same message everytime.

I have my computer check and download updates at night, so I don't know what it was doing last night...except committing suicide.

Well you can try resetting the bios, some computers have a backup bios on them depending on age. The second thing you could do would be to get another bios chip from the motherboard maker and install that. I it is a small square chip and can be replaced pretty easy.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2010 8:44:21 AM

might be faulty ram or video card that can do this - reset cmos, reseat all memory and video cards and see if it helps
m
l
Related resources
!