Sign in with
Your question

Need help in GPU choice for my Gaming PC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 18, 2009 6:55:52 AM

Hello there! I'm new to the whole pc building scene and I need some help on deciding which GPU is best for me. I know for a fact I want to go with the Radeon 4890 but I can't decide which one brand is the best for my monitor.

-------------------------------------------

!Monitor!
Acer 23" Widescrenn LCD Monitor full 1080p 16:9 aspect ratio

!GPU! (one of these. I dont know which one to choose)
Newegg list of Radeon 4890

CPU, MoBo, Hard Drive, PSU, Memory (combo!)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I...

OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

CD/DVD Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

-------------------------------------------

If you guys can help me out and decide which GPU is best to get the most out of my monitor's resolution i would really appreciate it. What confuses me is how basically the same product, is priced differently. And how some have DVI, some have HDMI, some have HDTV settings and other have that with the "via adapter" after it. I don't understand the difference and what i would need to connect to get total HD on my monitor, so can you help me with which GPU will go with my Monitor? Thank you!

More about : gpu choice gaming

a c 376 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 18, 2009 7:14:35 AM

I would suggest spending the extra money for an HD5850... but they are impossible to find at the moment.
As for the HD4890s the main difference on the cards is the fan/heatsink. I'm not sure what you mean by HDTV settings but I'm sure they will all work fine either with your monitor or connected to an HDTV. If you do get one I would just go for the cheapest card there. HIS is a pretty decent brand and $160 after rebate is good deal.
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 18, 2009 10:50:04 AM

New gaming build - 58xx by all means.
!