ATI Radeon HD 4350 suitable for watching TV?

manolain

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008

Zenthar

Distinguished
I think that card is more than enough to process even HD movies. However, when you say "watch TV using the computer", you mean watching it online or using an antenae/cable?

manolain

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008

Thanks for answering

I mean using antena, I am thinking about buying this tv card:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr1600.html

I am not happy either with power suplier: I think 300W is very short power
Will this be capable to handle these components without overclocking?

Sorry for my English, I am from Spain

Zenthar

Distinguished
I'm not too familiar with TV cards, but if the base system ships with the 300W PSU, it means it should be enough. However, I don't know how much power the TV card draws, but if not much, you should be OK.

One thing you would need to check is that Hauppauge seem to have a line of TV Cards for Europe specifically, I don't know if there is really a difference or not. Secondly, if I look a the PC specs, it seems it has no PCI slot at all, so if you get a TV card you will need either an external one or a PCI-Express one (PCI-E x1).

manolain

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008

I guess I will have to look for european version of the tv card

At the very botom of the URL I pasted in my initial post, there is a section called 'Expansion Slots'

PCI Express x1 Three (Three available)

I think it should be fine

Zenthar

Distinguished
Yep, I noticed, that is why I said you would need a PCI-Express card. The card you linked to initially is a PCI card which is not the same thing. I also think all the European Hauppauge cards are only PCI.