Sign in with
Your question

ATI Radeon HD 4350 suitable for watching TV?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 18, 2009 8:39:34 AM

Hello Tom community,

I am about to buy an HP pavilion p6207. I found good price, and the computer suits for me except for graphic card. Here are computer specs

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

My intentions are to watch TV using this computer, not really fond of gaming.
Will this graphic card be able to do this using 21' monitor?

On the other hand, would you recommend any TV card to buy aditionally?

Thanks very much!!
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2009 1:33:12 PM

I think that card is more than enough to process even HD movies. However, when you say "watch TV using the computer", you mean watching it online or using an antenae/cable?
November 18, 2009 1:37:19 PM

Zenthar said:
I think that card is more than enough to process even HD movies. However, when you say "watch TV using the computer", you mean watching it online or using an antenae/cable?

Thanks for answering

I mean using antena, I am thinking about buying this tv card:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr1600.htm...

I am not happy either with power suplier: I think 300W is very short power
Will this be capable to handle these components without overclocking?

Sorry for my English, I am from Spain
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2009 1:46:24 PM

I'm not too familiar with TV cards, but if the base system ships with the 300W PSU, it means it should be enough. However, I don't know how much power the TV card draws, but if not much, you should be OK.

One thing you would need to check is that Hauppauge seem to have a line of TV Cards for Europe specifically, I don't know if there is really a difference or not. Secondly, if I look a the PC specs, it seems it has no PCI slot at all, so if you get a TV card you will need either an external one or a PCI-Express one (PCI-E x1).
November 18, 2009 1:49:37 PM

Zenthar said:
I'm not too familiar with TV cards, but if the base system ships with the 300W PSU, it means it should be enough. However, I don't know how much power the TV card draws, but if not much, you should be OK.

One thing you would need to check is that Hauppauge seem to have a line of TV Cards for Europe specifically, I don't know if there is really a difference or not. Secondly, if I look a the PC specs, it seems it has no PCI slot at all, so if you get a TV card you will need either an external one or a PCI-Express one (PCI-E x1).

I guess I will have to look for european version of the tv card

At the very botom of the URL I pasted in my initial post, there is a section called 'Expansion Slots'

Quote:
PCI Express x1 Three (Three available)

I think it should be fine
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2009 2:03:30 PM

Yep, I noticed, that is why I said you would need a PCI-Express card. The card you linked to initially is a PCI card which is not the same thing. I also think all the European Hauppauge cards are only PCI.
!