Backing up files in a flash drive or DVD?

draggoth

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
I need to make a back up of about 3 GB worth of files and some images, but I'm wondering what would be the best back up method between buying a 4 GB flash drive to copy the data or burning it on a DVD. I'm just gonna copy those files and leave them stored for a long time and i wanna know what would be most reliable way to backup.

I hope you can help me with this, because i really don't wanna buy a whole new external hdd or upload them to some online service.

draggoth

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Well, I ended burning all my stuff in a DVD, and for the sake of experimentation I also copied everything in a flash drive. I'm just gonna store those backup files for a while, and when/if I check back on them again then I'll see which one held up better.

lalit_49

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
hello,

backup process stored in CD/DVD. But, first to take backup from your OS.
Means first create .bkf file in your system and that file to copy into the storage devices like CD/DVD,pen drive etc...

how to take back up from your system....
go to..
All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Back Up
or
Go to Run > ntbackup <enter>

now Wizard appeared..
select Next > Backup files and settings > next > Let me choose > next > select your files or folders > choose a place to save your files or folders storage devices like CD/DVD, Pen drive & give name of it > Next > close

check your Backup files or folders ....

How to Restore It....?

All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Back Up
or
Go to Run > ntbackup <enter>

now Wizard appeared..

select Next > Restore files and settings > next > select your backup files or folders > next > Finish > close

check your Restored files or folders ....