Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can't access bios but system boots

Last response: in Motherboards
May 14, 2010 5:36:10 PM

I've got a brand new Alienware 101-B desktop that I just got setup last night. When I power it on it takes a few seconds for the monitor to get a signal on the screen and get going. Once it does everything is fine. I cannot get into the bios since I don't get a POST screen on this system. The only thing that I see before Windows boots up is the Alienware respawn V2.0 option. I was able to hit alt+F2 and get into EZ-Flash, but when I hit F2 through the whole boot cycle, the only thing that comes up is to select the boot device which brings up Vista on the primary hard drive. Everything runs fine, just no POST. I tried updating the BIOS through EZ-Flash which worked fine. After the initial BIOS update and restart I showed the post screen when it started to boot back up from the restart, but got a BSOD indicating a dump of the physical memory. The system rebooted and again, no POST, but it boots up into Windows fine, and runs perfect. Any advice?
May 14, 2010 5:50:27 PM

tehdrizzle said:
I've got a brand new Alienware 101-B desktop that I just got setup last night. When I power it on it takes a few seconds for the monitor to get a signal on the screen and get going. Once it does everything is fine. I cannot get into the bios since I don't get a POST screen on this system. The only thing that I see before Windows boots up is the Alienware respawn V2.0 option. I was able to hit alt+F2 and get into EZ-Flash, but when I hit F2 through the whole boot cycle, the only thing that comes up is to select the boot device which brings up Vista on the primary hard drive. Everything runs fine, just no POST. I tried updating the BIOS through EZ-Flash which worked fine. After the initial BIOS update and restart I showed the post screen when it started to boot back up from the restart, but got a BSOD indicating a dump of the physical memory. The system rebooted and again, no POST, but it boots up into Windows fine, and runs perfect. Any advice?

The motherboard is an Asus M3A32MVP-DELUXE
m
l
Related resources
May 14, 2010 7:20:12 PM

I got it figured out. I was able to get into the Bios. :) 
m
l

Best solution

May 14, 2010 8:58:18 PM

All you have to do on most any system is press "delete" repeatedly from startup, try that out!
May 17, 2010 2:15:59 AM

Best answer selected by tehdrizzle.
m
l
!