TIVO lost service

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
September 29, 2005 1:29:51 AM

I have a Pioneer 810H (Tivo with a DVD burner). Around Labor Day, I got
a message from TIVO telling me I had to do a setup. Like all the sheep
in the world, I followed directions from "them". well...
My Tivo is set up with an antenna and Direct TV. I told Tivo this when
I did the setup. Now, after the setup, I can only get my local channels
through the antenna ... Tivo won't access the local channels via Direct
TV ... before the setup I was able to access my local channels through
both antenna and Direct TV.
Any ideas how I can get my locals to be viewed through both Direct and
antenna?

jb

More about : tivo lost service

Anonymous
September 29, 2005 1:46:43 AM

jb <jxxxbxxx72@prodigy.net> shaped the electrons to say:
>Any ideas how I can get my locals to be viewed through both Direct and
>antenna?

It sounds like you may have chosen the wrong DTV lineup when you did
the setup. If the TiVo is using a lineup without the locals, you
won't be able to tune them. See if there are other lineup options for
DTV.

-MZ
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/&gt; <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/&gt; Eris
September 29, 2005 7:21:25 AM

"MegaZone" <newsREMOVE@THISmegazone.org> wrote in message
> jb <jxxxbxxx72@prodigy.net> shaped the electrons to say:
>>Any ideas how I can get my locals to be viewed through both Direct and
>>antenna?
>
> It sounds like you may have chosen the wrong DTV lineup when you did
> the setup. If the TiVo is using a lineup without the locals, you
> won't be able to tune them. See if there are other lineup options for
> DTV.
>
> -MZ
> --

I've had this happen before and had to call DTV to get it resolved.
September 29, 2005 7:36:06 AM

On 2005-09-28, jb <jxxxbxxx72@prodigy.net> wrote:
> I have a Pioneer 810H (Tivo with a DVD burner). Around Labor Day, I got
> a message from TIVO telling me I had to do a setup. Like all the sheep
> in the world, I followed directions from "them". well...
> My Tivo is set up with an antenna and Direct TV. I told Tivo this when
> I did the setup. Now, after the setup, I can only get my local channels
> through the antenna ... Tivo won't access the local channels via Direct
> TV ... before the setup I was able to access my local channels through
> both antenna and Direct TV.
> Any ideas how I can get my locals to be viewed through both Direct and
> antenna?

Call DirecTV and tell 'em to give you back the locals. Should take less
than 5 minutes. This is a (semi-)common issue.

--
This is my .sig
September 30, 2005 12:28:04 AM

jb wrote:
> I have a Pioneer 810H (Tivo with a DVD burner). Around Labor Day, I got
> a message from TIVO telling me I had to do a setup. Like all the sheep
> in the world, I followed directions from "them". well...
> My Tivo is set up with an antenna and Direct TV. I told Tivo this when
> I did the setup. Now, after the setup, I can only get my local channels
> through the antenna ... Tivo won't access the local channels via Direct
> TV ... before the setup I was able to access my local channels through
> both antenna and Direct TV.
> Any ideas how I can get my locals to be viewed through both Direct and
> antenna?
>
> jb
The problem is not DTV ... when I just use my satellite receiver, i can
get the locals, but when I try to access through my Tivo is when I can
only get the locals through the antenna
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 3:24:54 AM

On 2005-09-29, jb <jxxxbxxx72@prodigy.net> wrote:
> jb wrote:
>> I have a Pioneer 810H (Tivo with a DVD burner). Around Labor Day, I got
>> a message from TIVO telling me I had to do a setup. Like all the sheep
>> in the world, I followed directions from "them". well...
>> My Tivo is set up with an antenna and Direct TV. I told Tivo this when
>> I did the setup. Now, after the setup, I can only get my local channels
>> through the antenna ... Tivo won't access the local channels via Direct
>> TV ... before the setup I was able to access my local channels through
>> both antenna and Direct TV.
>> Any ideas how I can get my locals to be viewed through both Direct and
>> antenna?
>
> The problem is not DTV ... when I just use my satellite receiver, i can
> get the locals, but when I try to access through my Tivo is when I can
> only get the locals through the antenna

The problem IS DTV. Your two receivers have unique cards in them.
Getting stations on one does not mean you get them on the other.

--
This is my .sig
Anonymous

Mike Hunt <in2sheep@yahoo.com> shaped the electrons to say:
>The problem IS DTV. Your two receivers have unique cards in them.
>Getting stations on one does not mean you get them on the other.

No - they don't have a DirecTiVo, they ONE DirecTV receiver with an
Pioneer DVR-810H connected to it. See the post that started this
thread.

It is the TiVo. And it sounds like the wrong lineup was selected.

!