Help! both my 8800gt's are worse after installing 3rd party cooler

AceTK

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Ok i have 2x 8800gt in sli.

now everything was fine, they worked fine got a little hot in the gpu core (87c load) but were stable as a rock and didnt artifact right up to 735Mhz core. So i thought right il get myself 2x vortexx neo to cool the cores right down and stop them sounding like a hair dryer when playing gta4 and crysis. So before i installed i did my research and found that extra heak sinks on my VRM's would be a good idea so i bought some ramsinks too (AK-VMC01-BK) and proceeded to stick them on my VRM's. After a simple installation I fired up OCCT to find that after just minutes of stressing the GPU i get a black screen and a hard reset is the only thing that can revive my pc. what the hell is going on? do you think it is my VRM's overheating? The gpu core temp is excellent (55c load) but when ever i stress the gpu above 690mhz i get a black screen. This happens on both cards.

if anyone can help me with this id be really grateful.

ace_telekinesis@hotmail.com

I use zalman coolers or mod old cpu coolers. If you got any scrap metal around you can chop that and use arctic silver5 to stick them on but don't touch till a few days had gone by. Place a low noise fan near the cards to help improve cooling. That is how I cool my cards and one is a 8800gtx.