Solved

How to restore deleted shortcuts of recent documents list

Hello ,

when searching for how to delete short cuts in recent files option that comes in start menu ,
i found that we can do this by Right click on start button >> go to properties >> click on customize >> and then click on advanced where we can click on clear list.

so apprently i clicked on the 'clear list button', but then i was inteneded to delete the shortcut references to few files but i lost shortcut references to all the recent files listed in it.

please help me to get thoses references , as few of them were very important for my boss.
:sweat:

thanks
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about restore deleted shortcuts recent documents list
  1. avani said:
    Hello ,

when searching for how to delete short cuts in recent files option that comes in start menu ,
    i found that we can do this by Right click on start button >> go to properties >> click on customize >> and then click on advanced where we can click on clear list.

so apprently i clicked on the 'clear list button', but then i was inteneded to delete the shortcut references to few files but i lost shortcut references to all the recent files listed in it.

please help me to get thoses references , as few of them were very important for my boss.
    :sweat:

thanks

Windows restore to before you made those changes.
  2. ksiemb said:
    Windows restore to before you made those changes.

Dear keismb and his wife

how to restore windows in that case toi the date before i made changes

3. Best answer
    avani said:
    Dear keismb and his wife

how to restore windows in that case toi the date before i made changes

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Choose option to Restore. Restore points (dates) will be high lighted, choose the one you want to restore.

PS: You can also create a manual restore point with the other option. Good thing to do before installing any new hardware / software !
  4. ksiemb said:
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Choose option to Restore. Restore points (dates) will be high lighted, choose the one you want to restore.

PS: You can also create a manual restore point with the other option. Good thing to do before installing any new hardware / software !

Thanks
    It worked !!!

otherwise my network admin had said its not possile thank u keismb :)
  5. Best answer selected by avani.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP