Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to restore deleted shortcuts of recent documents list

Last response: in Windows XP
May 12, 2012 9:46:04 AM

Hello ,

when searching for how to delete short cuts in recent files option that comes in start menu ,
i found that we can do this by Right click on start button >> go to properties >> click on customize >> and then click on advanced where we can click on clear list.

so apprently i clicked on the 'clear list button', but then i was inteneded to delete the shortcut references to few files but i lost shortcut references to all the recent files listed in it.

please help me to get thoses references , as few of them were very important for my boss.
:sweat: 

thanks
May 12, 2012 12:28:29 PM

avani said:
Hello ,

when searching for how to delete short cuts in recent files option that comes in start menu ,
i found that we can do this by Right click on start button >> go to properties >> click on customize >> and then click on advanced where we can click on clear list.

so apprently i clicked on the 'clear list button', but then i was inteneded to delete the shortcut references to few files but i lost shortcut references to all the recent files listed in it.

please help me to get thoses references , as few of them were very important for my boss.
:sweat: 

thanks

Windows restore to before you made those changes.
May 14, 2012 6:13:51 AM

ksiemb said:
Windows restore to before you made those changes.

Dear keismb and his wife

how to restore windows in that case toi the date before i made changes

Related resources

Best solution

May 14, 2012 6:24:30 AM

avani said:
Dear keismb and his wife

how to restore windows in that case toi the date before i made changes

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Choose option to Restore. Restore points (dates) will be high lighted, choose the one you want to restore.

PS: You can also create a manual restore point with the other option. Good thing to do before installing any new hardware / software !
May 17, 2012 5:40:38 AM

ksiemb said:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Choose option to Restore. Restore points (dates) will be high lighted, choose the one you want to restore.

PS: You can also create a manual restore point with the other option. Good thing to do before installing any new hardware / software !

Thanks
It worked !!!

otherwise my network admin had said its not possile thank u keismb :) 
May 28, 2012 8:50:26 AM

Best answer selected by avani.
!