Which P55 Motherboard??

Baladya

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Hello :)
This is my first time building a pc so i m totally a noob however i m learnin step by step :D
Anyway, so I decided to go with the i5. Dunno if m gonna SLI/Crossfire or not but I might.

So right now i don't really know which p55 to get. I've seen that most people say that the Gigabyte is better than Asus. So i went and searched the motherboards and it looks like the UD6 is like the best or latest. However it surprises me how it costs $250 and the P7P55D-E Cost like 150. I've seen many questions and most say that there isn't that big difference between them. Also Gigabyte doesn't have USB3. So why is it very expensive like that? Is it that better? Whats the difference? And Can u plz tell me all the types (Gigabyte and Asus only) which are the best but around 180?
Hope you help as i need to choose fast :D

Solution
Get the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro for $190 over any of the two you discussed. It is the best all around (bang for the buck, features, performance, etc.) P55 motherboard you can purchase... IMO.

Baladya

Distinguished
May 14, 2010

Just wanted to ask, If i insert a big graphix or smth like that, will it block any other ports? (cuz i dunno anything about layout)? Also if I SLI will it be 8x/8x???

thanks for answering

TRENDING THREADS