New Build: 3D Work + Rendering + Gaming PC :) Need Advice and Help :)

dollmaker

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: No Date (See Comments Section) (EDITED)

BUDGET RANGE: $1000 To $1200

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:

1: 3Ds Max + Vray
2: Photoshop CS+
3: Flash CS+
4: Dreamweaver CS+
5: Zbrush
6: High End PC Games (Such as Crysis Warhead)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:

Keyboard
Monitor
DVD Writer
HDD

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Tiger Direct, eBay or anything where price is cheap.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: India & USA (more in Comments Section)

PARTS PREFERENCES:

1: Intel Core i7 920 Processor
2: Asus P6T Motherboard
3: Corsair XMS3 Tri Channel 12 GB PC10666 DDR3 Memory (6X2)

Above combo package is available on TigerDirect for $799

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4488089&CatId=4139

Please tell me if above combo is good and the price is right. If NOT share your thoughts.

I am not sure about GRAPHIC CARD. So please suggest me a card which will go with above combo. It should not be that costly. I think $150 to $200 will do. Or may be less.

Ohh yeah and I am looking forward to play some nice games on my new PC such as Crysis Warhead and Others.

Tell me what else do i need such as which power supply.. cooler or something which is required for better smooth running of PC. Any special Case or something.

OVERCLOCKING: NO

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: I have no idea what is SLI or CROSSFIRE. Please Tell me :)

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Monitor Not Required

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I am new to this site. So many people told me good things about this site so I am here to get expert advice from some of the coolest people on planet :)

Background: I have started working in 3D and my computer really sux. I am going to build a new computer. I Live in India and my relatives lives in NY (USA) I goona buy some kits from there and here one of my friend will be building my PC. I will buiy it if someone is coming down from US.. So this may happen next week or may be after a month. But i need to decide on everything.

Solution
My recommendation for a 3D rendering build:

i7 920
ASUS P6T Deluxe v2
6GB DDR3 1600 or more (exactly how big,etc are the renderings?)
2x WD 640GB Blacks in RAID
ATI 5850/5870/5770/5750 (see below)
A good case like an Antec 900, HAF 932, HAF 922
Corsair 650TX, Antec EA650,etc. MAKE SURE it's a top quality PSU.

All above parts I listed can be found here: http://www.newegg.com/

Also reply only if you have understood my requirement. ATI is not the first choice for 3D work... most of th people use NVidia.
That is a LIE. There is VERY little difference between nVidia and ATI when it comes to their normal "consumer aka gaming" graphics card line up. HOWEVER, nVidia seems to have better WORKSTATION graphics card drivers. Since you...

rkulp

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Well if your not going to over clock then you don't really need to worry about a case with good airflow and such so you could cheap out there. I would buy a decent power supply that will put out a constant 500W maybe a bit more. HD 4780 would be a great video card for your price range. and SLI & Crossfire is linking two video cards together.

P.S. I would suggest overclocking, spend a bit more on a case with good airflow and a decent heat sink and you can get a lot more for you money. If you do it right, which really isn't hard, it wont harm your computer.

dollmaker

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I may buy in next month too.. so don't ignore me just because i said 3 months.

also i was expecting bit detailed reply from you guys... disapointed with above 2 replies..

Also reply only if you have understood my requirement. ATI is not the first choice for 3D work... most of th people use NVidia.

Please don't post incomplete reply. Tell me what to buy and from where to buy it to get the best rates. Thanks for your time :)

I am sorry but i have gone a long way just to decide and find that motherboard, CPU and Ram combo.. took me a long time to decide on it...

so please help complete the system..

My recommendation for a 3D rendering build:

i7 920
ASUS P6T Deluxe v2
6GB DDR3 1600 or more (exactly how big,etc are the renderings?)
2x WD 640GB Blacks in RAID
ATI 5850/5870/5770/5750 (see below)
A good case like an Antec 900, HAF 932, HAF 922
Corsair 650TX, Antec EA650,etc. MAKE SURE it's a top quality PSU.

All above parts I listed can be found here: http://www.newegg.com/

That is a LIE. There is VERY little difference between nVidia and ATI when it comes to their normal "consumer aka gaming" graphics card line up. HOWEVER, nVidia seems to have better WORKSTATION graphics card drivers. Since you are gaming, workstation graphics are out of the question.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: I have no idea what is SLI or CROSSFIRE. Please Tell me
Google is your friend....

As for the TigerDirect combo, DO NOT get it. It has the older P6T NOT the newer P6T Deluxe.

Solution