Sign in with
Your question

Whats a good non sli motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
May 15, 2010 5:08:09 AM

so its been about 3yrs since i built my 1st pc and it recently took a turn for the worst so i figured why not build a new one

but instead of just buying the most expensive mobo like i did last time i figured why do i have 2 graphics card slot if im never going 2 use it?
what im looking for is the best mobo i can get without getting a bunch of bells and wistles that im never going to use.... i dont oc or ever plan on using more then one graphics card.... yes i am a heavy gamer and im trying 2 build this new guy so i can get it up in running for starcraft 2 and diablo 3 relase and back to my other games

i guess what im really trying to ask is what mobo would some of you who know what your talking about reccomend for someone like me?
i understand that maby a motherboard with a sli feature may be alot better then one without and thats fine but i dont see the point in spending more money on a mobo if its going 2 push my gc.memory,cpu and such and the same speeds(must be amd)

-other thoughts-
these are the other parts i plan on ordering along with my mobo(obviously subject to change)
-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
-XFX GeForce GTS 250
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB

going to use the hard drive and disk drive.. maby upgrade to the WD velociraptor

a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
May 15, 2010 6:21:07 AM

I say go for the GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 motherboard, which comes with SATA III and USB 3.0 which means that when these devices become standard you'll be OK. It only comes with one PCI-e 16x slot and costs less than $100. I suggest you get the SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB instead of the WD Velociraptor, unless it is the SATA III/6.0Gbps version in which case do get it. Otherwise you could get an SSD for a very fast bootup drive.
m
l
!