Getting "Clock Interrupt" BSOD when not overclocking at all. HELP!!!

vdang91

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
These are my computer parts:

AMD Phenom 8650 Toliman 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Triple-Core Processor Model HD8650WCGHBOX
SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F
Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CT2KIT12864AA800
ZOTAC ZT-98GES3P-FSR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F
hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

The front panel of my old case broke, so I recently bought a new case. After a flawless transfer of my parts to the new case, I started to feel pretty good. That feeling of satisfaction quickly faded when I began playing the Left 4 Dead 2 Demo and was interrupted by the BSOD stating:

"A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval"

My friend thinks I probably need to buy a new CPU, because after a little research he got the impression that this certain BSOD was more troubling than others. But how is this even possible?! I played the demo multiple times while the same parts were in my old case and nothing tragic happened at all while I was transferring the parts. Actually, I kept the CPU, CPU fan, and heat sink connected to the board when I moved it. So, it should be in the exact same condition as it was in my previous case, right? I have never overclocked my CPU and my new case provides great cooling, keeping all my cores at comfortable temperatures. Can someone please help me? What could be some possible causes? Do I really need to buy a new CPU? Thank you in advance.