problems

is it just me or is sims 2 super buggy? people getting stuck, items that
can't be deleted.. things that just ruin the game. anyword on a service
pack?
14 answers Last reply
More about problems

    "Brent" <Brent@sbcYOUKNOWTHEREST.net> wrote
    > is it just me or is sims 2 super buggy? people getting stuck, items that
    > can't be deleted.. things that just ruin the game. anyword on a service
    > pack?

    I bet the "service pack" that corrects these bugs is going to
    be the next chargeable expansion set...

    I dont think so - I am sure the servicepack will be free ... they have
    already anounced on the official website, that they are working on it

    "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote in message
    > "Brent" <Brent@sbcYOUKNOWTHEREST.net> wrote
    >> is it just me or is sims 2 super buggy? people getting stuck, items that
    >> can't be deleted.. things that just ruin the game. anyword on a service
    >> pack?
    >
    > I bet the "service pack" that corrects these bugs is going to
    > be the next chargeable expansion set...

    I doubt it, they have already said on the official site that they're working
    on it and that it should be available soon.

    Deborah
    --
    Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk
    Sim Nation - http://s8.invisionfree.com/sims_2/

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:04:52 GMT, Brent <Brent@sbcYOUKNOWTHEREST.net>
    wrote:

    > is it just me or is sims 2 super buggy? people getting stuck, items that
    > can't be deleted.. things that just ruin the game. anyword on a service
    > pack?

    Yeah, the two persistant errors I have encountered both were listed in the
    help base as being scheduled for patching. Judging by their history, they
    will release it when the feel they have caught all the bugs. They don't
    issue new patches every few days.

    good sign." -G

    "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote
    > Yeah, the two persistant errors I have encountered both were listed in the
    > help base as being scheduled for patching. Judging by their history, they
    > will release it when the feel they have caught all the bugs. They don't
    > issue new patches every few days.

    I can't understand people who are whining every day in
    the forums "when is the patch available??! What, no patch
    yet??!"... They don't seem to understand that it's good thing
    that devs are using time to develop the patch so as much
    bugs can be corrected as possible.

    You mean for bugs that should have been taken care of before we forked out
    our money to buy the product?

    > "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote
    >> Yeah, the two persistant errors I have encountered both were listed in
    >> the help base as being scheduled for patching. Judging by their history,
    >> they will release it when the feel they have caught all the bugs. They
    >> don't issue new patches every few days.
    >
    > I can't understand people who are whining every day in
    > the forums "when is the patch available??! What, no patch
    > yet??!"... They don't seem to understand that it's good thing
    > that devs are using time to develop the patch so as much
    > bugs can be corrected as possible.

    I don't think its really possible for them to get ALL the bugs out because
    every one's machine is different with different hardware and software
    installed. Your install may react different on different computers. I have
    two computers and the game installed great on one, and bad on the other and
    they were both well within the spec range. Expecting them to be absolutely
    perfect is over reaching.

    "Brent" <Brent@sbcYOUKNOWTHEREST.net> wrote in message
    > You mean for bugs that should have been taken care of before we forked out
    > our money to buy the product?
    >

    > "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote in message
    > > "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote
    > >> Yeah, the two persistant errors I have encountered both were listed in
    > >> the help base as being scheduled for patching. Judging by their
    history,
    > >> they will release it when the feel they have caught all the bugs. They
    > >> don't issue new patches every few days.
    > >
    > > I can't understand people who are whining every day in
    > > the forums "when is the patch available??! What, no patch
    > > yet??!"... They don't seem to understand that it's good thing
    > > that devs are using time to develop the patch so as much
    > > bugs can be corrected as possible.

    "Brent" <Brent@sbcYOUKNOWTHEREST.net> wrote
    >> "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote
    >> I can't understand people who are whining every day in
    >> the forums "when is the patch available??! What, no patch
    >> yet??!"... They don't seem to understand that it's good thing
    >> that devs are using time to develop the patch so as much
    >> bugs can be corrected as possible.
    > You mean for bugs that should have been taken care of before
    > we forked out our money to buy the product?

    I think everyone already knows that pc-gamer is one
    (in some of the worst cases, only) part in beta-testing
    and always will be. Guess it's more cheap/time saving
    this way because pc-games can always be patched
    afterwards anyway.

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:56:38 GMT, Brent <Brent@sbcYOUKNOWTHEREST.net>
    wrote:

    > You mean for bugs that should have been taken care of before we forked
    > out our money to buy the product?

    Well, you may be unlucky, but for me I much prefer being able to play the
    game for all these months. The bugs I have seen were minor and one (the
    "jump" bug) only cropped up with sims I had played really long. Now if
    they sold the patch rather than giving it away, I would be royally Not
    Amused. But that's not how they usually do it.

    good sign." -G

    "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> schreef in bericht
    > "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote
    >> Yeah, the two persistant errors I have encountered both were listed in
    >> the help base as being scheduled for patching. Judging by their history,
    >> they will release it when the feel they have caught all the bugs. They
    >> don't issue new patches every few days.
    >
    > I can't understand people who are whining every day in
    > the forums "when is the patch available??! What, no patch
    > yet??!"... They don't seem to understand that it's good thing
    > that devs are using time to develop the patch so as much
    > bugs can be corrected as possible.

    Ussually you get the bugs out before you put a a produkt on the shelve
    With software it seems to be different, look at windows ;o)

    > "Brent" <Brent@sbcYOUKNOWTHEREST.net> wrote
    >>> "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> wrote
    >>> I can't understand people who are whining every day in
    >>> the forums "when is the patch available??! What, no patch
    >>> yet??!"... They don't seem to understand that it's good thing
    >>> that devs are using time to develop the patch so as much
    >>> bugs can be corrected as possible.
    >> You mean for bugs that should have been taken care of before
    >> we forked out our money to buy the product?
    >
    > I think everyone already knows that pc-gamer is one
    > (in some of the worst cases, only) part in beta-testing
    > and always will be. Guess it's more cheap/time saving
    > this way because pc-games can always be patched
    > afterwards anyway.

    Yeah and lucky are the ones with internet.
    Imagine what would happen if you didn`t have it
    you would be stuck with a buggy game.

    Lol,

    "Hello sir, I am here to return my oven, it seems to cool instead of heat
    food" and i don't have the internet to download the patch

    "Brent" <Nunya@business.com> wrote:

    > Lol,
    >
    > "Hello sir, I am here to return my oven, it seems to cool instead of
    > heat food" and i don't have the internet to download the patch

    More like, sorry George but I liked Star Wars the way it was even if it did
    look kind of screwed up. Now, if he had given away a "patch" for Star Wars
    maybe I'd sing a different tune. ^_^

    "..22.." <email@request.rr> wrote
    > "Aki Peltola" <aape@POISTAnic.fi> schreef
    >> I think everyone already knows that pc-gamer is one
    >> (in some of the worst cases, only) part in beta-testing
    >> and always will be. Guess it's more cheap/time saving
    >> this way because pc-games can always be patched
    >> afterwards anyway.
    > Yeah and lucky are the ones with internet.
    > Imagine what would happen if you didn`t have it
    > you would be stuck with a buggy game.

    If and if. But now is now and everyone has got
    some kind of internet connection, so no more
    excuses or funny speculations, please :-)

Sims Games Video Games