Core Temp vs. ASUS AI Suite II

voodooking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2012
Hello, I am learning about all of this cooling stuff and I am confused. Help.

I have two different programs for measuring tempurature. They both run a C. One is the ASUS AI Suite II from the ASUS site. The other is Core temp. When I run them at the same time they give me different readings. Why? I tried my first expereiment with overclocking yesterday and both readins were way different from start to finish. Most of the time Core temp is lower than ASUS but then sometimes when I run Prime 95, it's higher.

I've got a feeling it's something I'm not doing to set up the test correctly.

Thanks,

Jim

Solution
Make sure you update your bios to be safe, but yes, different programs read slightly different temperatures depending on the hardware, sensors, etc. As long as they are similar and not a great deal off i would not be overly concerned about it.

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Make sure you update your bios to be safe, but yes, different programs read slightly different temperatures depending on the hardware, sensors, etc. As long as they are similar and not a great deal off i would not be overly concerned about it.

Solution

DavidRappl

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

This is because Asus All Suite uses the CPU temp, which is different from the Core temp most other programms use.