Revert bios update DG33FB

libras

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Dear Friends,
I am having problem in obtaining the VT feature. Well I have this mother board DG33FB, I bought it two years back with the following specs

Intel DG33FB
BIOS : DPP3510J.86A.0293.2007.1002.1519
Processor : E4600 2.4 Core 2 Duo

Just recently I upgraded the bios to latest

bios ver : 0572 7/15/2009

to get the VT feature in the bios but unfortunately there was not much change in bios. I came to know that my processor does not support VT so I upgraded the processor and bought

processor : Quadcore 2.5 GHz Q8300 (SLGUR) with VT support

My bios does not recognize this processor as a quadcore, it just says genuine intel processor and the same message which was visible with the earlier processor "Intel 64 architecture capable" but I could not find VT support in any menu. Maybe I shouldnt have upgraded to the latest bios but I dont know how to downgrade the bios version as it does not let me install the lower version. Please can anybody help me.
List of compatible processors are given on this site
http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?Boardname=dg33fb

Regards,
Kashif.

Solution
Problem solved.

Impossible to flas in previous version
Flash with same version with iso = Idem
Clear CMOS and flash in recovery mode = OK

My CPU is now well known.
You're fine. The latest bios will contain all the information of the old bios. If the old bios worked with your quad, then so will the new one. If you installed windows with the quad, and it's listed the same in the device manager or computer section of windows 7, then it will work fine.

libras

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I upgrade my bios before I bought the new processor (quadcore) so I have no way of telling if this processor would have worked with the old bios or not. As per the website this processor needed a bios upgrade of atleast 0484 which means I had to upgrade anyway or the other. But what to do now as the new bios did not worked as it should have, it does not recognize my processor as a quad core, it just displays "genuine intel processor" and "2.5 g" but thats it, it does not even display "VT" as it should have been in the "security" menu. Can anyone help ?

libras

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Thats great, were you able to install a 64 bit version of Windows 7 ? From my experience I have come to know that in virtualization you are able to install 64 bit OS only if the CPU supports Virtualization. Anyways I would try installing Windows server 2008 (64 bit) as this is what I need to get me started. Thanks again.

Yaminou

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

I have the same problem.

I had a Q6600 which worked very fine with virtualbox and others but since i have change my CPU to a Q9550s and upgrade my DG33FB's bios, impossible to see vmx flag for my CPU ( in linux ).

The Item "VT-x" was present in 484 version but not in 572 one.

Yaminou

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

Clear CMOS = Unplug computer and remose cmos battery

Impossible to downgrade BIOS so I don't have any idea. I'll call Intel this week ...

Yaminou

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Problem solved.

Impossible to flas in previous version
Flash with same version with iso = Idem
Clear CMOS and flash in recovery mode = OK

My CPU is now well known.

Solution

Yaminou

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Sorry Libras, I'm french and it's a mistake ... Idem is the "latin" word for "ditto". For your problem, you must clear the CMOS by removing the battery and Flash BIOS in recovery mode.

libras

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Thank you very much you are a saviour, with your help I was able to get my bios fixed too. I just had to do the first step indicated by you i,e just upgraded the bios with the same version (already installed) using the iso method. This was it and it started showing everything. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS