Will this be enough?

pandakiller184

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Hello! I am looking to do a 4-way SLI build and I was wondering if a 60mm thick 120x3 radiator with 100cfm fans would do the trick in the way of cooling! My guess is yes, but I just wanted to make sure! Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
What CPU and GPUs are going to be in this loop? My first hunch says no, and the fact that very few cards have the ability to quad-SLI leads me to believe the ones that do have that ability are going to of the 200+ watt TDP sorts, further solidifying that 'no'.

Well, you're looking at ~900W TDP (max, 680s have a maximum power supply of 225W each).

A good 360 radiator like the XSPC RX360 can dissipate ~600W with some extremely strong fans, specifically the Scythe Ultra Kazes or Deltas (can push well over 100CFMs but at extremely high noise levels - hope you're not looking for quiet).

If you did your research you'd have come across this ;) Take a look at the chart with the Delta vs. Heat Dissipation with the different fans (lines on the graph).
http://skinneelabs.com/xspc-rx360-v2/2/

So far research is saying that you'll need more than one good radiator, so you'll need to do some research into which rad/fan combos will give you enough cooling capacity.

pandakiller184

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011

How about a Phobya G-Changer Radiator?

Do some research on this. It took me 30 seconds to Google the rad and find some good tests, and I know what kind of fans and flow rates you'd need to make a single G-Changer work.

We're here to help you learn, not tell you what to do.