Solved

Suggest an anti-virus for an old system.

Hi community,

I have an old Toshiba L20 laptop and I am looking for the anti-virus that uses the least system resources. I was using MS Security Essentials but it made the system SLOW. I've just formatted and would like to try something new... Suggestions?

My specs are:

Windows XP SP3
Intel Celeron M 1.6 CPU
2 Gigs RAM
128 mb ATI 200m Graphics
40 Gig Toshiba 5200 RPM HDD

Speed and low resources use are key!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about suggest anti virus system
  1. Best answer
    I've many times come across with much low system specs, I've actually installed recentlly Eset Nod 32 on a much, much slower PC, and it's working very ok.
    On yours, Eset will work just fine. You can also try AVIRA or AVAST , I know AVAST is ok, and you have 2 GB ram, so, no problem...
    Or some other old versions of other antiviruses.

:hello:
  2. me 1 said:
    I've many times come across with much low system specs, I've actually installed recentlly Eset Nod 32 on a much, much slower PC, and it's working very ok.
    On yours, Eset will work just fine. You can also try AVIRA or AVAST , I know AVAST is ok, and you have 2 GB ram, so, no problem...
    Or some other old versions of other antiviruses.

:hello:

Thanks, I'll give it a look!
  3. Either Panda Cloud or Eset Nod32 would be good. Both are maintenance free and update automatically.
  4. Best answer selected by south_valhalla.
  5. You can look for Immunet or Kaspersky if you have been looking for an antivirus for your system security.
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Antivirus Security Essentials Toshiba Windows XP