Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Wirelss shows connected but no internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 28, 2010 8:27:13 AM

I have exactly the same issue as an earlier poster. My netbook shows connection to my router but is unable to connect to the internet over the wlan. It will connect over the lan. My laptop is working properly on the wlan.

I am running WinXP; I have windows firewall off; I have tried Zone Alarm off.

The netbook shows Destination Host Unreachable if I ping anything.

Ipconfig/all shows Host name Netbook, Primary DNS Suffix blank, IP Routing not enabled, WINS Proxy not enabled.
Wireless adapter shows Connection sspecici DNS Suffix : blank, it is an 802.11b/g mini card address 00-1D-92-C4-29-7F and DHCP disabled. IP Address 192.168.1.1 Subnet 255.255.255.0 and no default gateway.

Needless to say, it was working but I have not changed anything except to try resetting WPA/PSK TKIP
February 28, 2010 8:41:31 AM

I managed to ping the router at 192.168.1.1 by enabling DHCP then resetting the IP Address and subnet as above. Still no internet connection however.
April 20, 2013 8:48:53 AM

roy124 said:
Problem solved. Downloaded a Winsockfix file from http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSoc...
It cleared the TCP/IP cache and registry, reset them and after I rebooted all worked.

added link

Oh yes, after several days unlimited, exhausted tried, it finally fixed it. Thanks dude.
Related resources
!