revwoode

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
ok i have a evga 7800 gtx card now i want to upgrade to a atleast a dx 10 card.

my current rig:

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H

Amd phenom II x3 710 @ 3.1ghz oc with the 4th core unlucked

3 gigs of ddr 2 value ram 667

wd 250 hd 7200 rpm [also want to upgrade]

rosewill 450 psu

lite-on dvd burner

it runs well now but im at low settings on alot of games and want to change that also i will be getting a new 23 hd monitor with in the month so i want to really use all this nice new stuff to its full potential. my mb has crossfirex hybrid support is this worth a crap? its seem there are only lower end cards that use this? i dont want to run mutli cards either just one and my budget is around 175. i have been looking and looking and give up im a noob to this so i ask for advice from some of you!

thanks in advance

An ATI HD 5770 is your card. They run in the range of $175 plus or minus depending on the make. Your 450w PSU will run it comfortably and it requires only a single 6pin PCI-E connection, which I believe is what your currently have.

I believe this to be your best choice as it is DX11, doesn't require alot of power to run, runs cool, and isn't that bulky. It will run a 23" LCD NO PROBLEM at a reasonably high detail in most modern games.

Here is a good article on that card: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3658