TheViper

Distinguished
No, that's not enough and I doubt it has a 6 pin PCI-e power connector as required by some models of 9600 GOS.

I also assume you meant 260 watts, not volts.

300 or more watts should suffice if the power supply brand is good quality.

TheViper

Distinguished
Ah, in Singapore where the SR1960AP is sold they do use 230 volts on the PSU.

But that's what all power supplies there would use. What we need is the number of watts. I tried looking it up but that's the 1 thing the specs list doesn't show on the HP/Compaq web site.

The total watts should be printed on the side of the power supply itself inside the case.

Deadz0ne

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
i was told by 'mousemonkey' that 9600 GSO was compatible with my computer but he didn't know my computer's power supply ... what do you recommend for my computer ??

TheViper

Distinguished
That's the problem. We don't know the wattage of your PSU. That's what tells us which graphics cards you can install.

But considering the nature of your PC and the graphics card it comes with, you may be able to install a 9600 GSO provided you buy one that does not require a 6 pin PCI-e power connector.

If that is difficult to find, try the HD 4670 as a very good alternative as none of them require the 6-pin PCI-e power connector and perform about as well as the 9600 GSO.