Choosing the right Motherboard

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
May 16, 2010 8:42:47 AM

Hello,
Can anyone please help me in making a decision to choose the right motherboard? I intend to use a quad processor. I found two motherboards:
1. Asus M4A78T-E (supports AMD)
2. ASUS P5P43TD (supports Intel)

I want my motherboard to support DDR3 memory, so chose the above motherboards.
I would like to play games like COD4, POP3 etc... with my new computer.
I will be installing a video card
in my PC.

I'm buying the PC with my salary, so budget is a little tight.

Also, please suggest if you'll find any motherboards that would be better than the above one's?

I am confused. Please help me in making the right decision!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

More about : choosing motherboard

a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 16, 2010 9:50:01 AM

I'd go with the ASUS M4A78T-E and a Phenom II X4 or Athlon II X4 processor. It mainly depends on whether you want to CrossFireX (use more than one ATi graphic card simultaneously) or not, and your budget. If you do not intend to CFX, I suggest the GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 16, 2010 9:39:34 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Motherboards & Memory by Mousemonkey
m
l
Related resources
June 2, 2010 2:42:30 AM

Thanks a lot for replying!!

I had a look at all the motherboards, but now I'm confused.. :( 

Which motherboard would you suggest? I'm not fully aware of cross fire or SLI technology. It would be kind, if you could help!!

I would also like to ask, as the motherboard supports Cross fire Technology, is it necessary that I buy 2 graphic cards & should it be of the same company (Nvidia or ATI). Can I use only a Nvidia graphic card?

Please reply!!

Thanks in advance!!
m
l
June 2, 2010 2:47:07 AM

Lmeow said:
I'd go with the ASUS M4A78T-E and a Phenom II X4 or Athlon II X4 processor. It mainly depends on whether you want to CrossFireX (use more than one ATi graphic card simultaneously) or not, and your budget. If you do not intend to CFX, I suggest the GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3.

Hi Lmeow,

Thanks for replying!!!

I am a fan of ASUS, so thinking of buying an ASUS motherboard. Please suggest good ASUS motherboards?

I don't have deep knowledge of cross fire technology, so it would be kind if you could help!!

I would also like to ask, as the motherboard supports Cross fire Technology, is it necessary that I buy 2 graphic cards & should it be of the same company (Nvidia or ATI). Can I use only a Nvidia graphic card? The motherboard (Asus M4A78T-E) has an in-built graphic card.

Please reply!!

Thanks in advance!!
m
l
!