Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help with 2500k 1.6ghz BIOS

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
April 3, 2012 12:48:02 PM

Hi. I have a 2500k ocd to 4.5ghz. Steepstep disabled, it's on around 1.29Vcore when its on load. C1e disabled and some other stuff.

This is completely stable, but i want to know is there a setting in the BIOS that makes your CPU go 4500MHZ 24/7? It idles as 1.6ghz and sometimes it gets stuck on 1.6ghz.

What does C3 and C6 do? Do I disable those as well?

I know there will be disadvantages to this such as shortening life, but I am planning to upgrade soon anyway to Ivy.

So if there is a setting or something that makes cpu at full speed all the time, which I reckon there must be :D  please let me know.

Thanks alot.
*pc specs in member configuration

More about : 2500k 6ghz bios

Best solution

a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
April 4, 2012 1:13:12 AM

constepatdyak said:
Hi. I have a 2500k ocd to 4.5ghz. Steepstep disabled, it's on around 1.29Vcore when its on load. C1e disabled and some other stuff.

This is completely stable, but i want to know is there a setting in the BIOS that makes your CPU go 4500MHZ 24/7? It idles as 1.6ghz and sometimes it gets stuck on 1.6ghz.

What does C3 and C6 do? Do I disable those as well?

I know there will be disadvantages to this such as shortening life, but I am planning to upgrade soon anyway to Ivy.

So if there is a setting or something that makes cpu at full speed all the time, which I reckon there must be :D  please let me know.

Thanks alot.
*pc specs in member configuration

Have you tried setting the Windows power plan to High Performance? I'm running at (an admittedly modest) 4.1Ghz 24/7 with my 2500K like what you're trying to do. I also have Speedstep, power states, and of course Turbo, disabled.
a b à CPUs
April 4, 2012 5:00:12 AM

Best answer selected by constepatdyak.
m
l
!