Sign in with
Your question

Getting a lot of trouble with this old motherboard, need help.

Last response: in Motherboards
May 16, 2010 11:05:02 PM

I just finished a build where I salvaged a lot of old parts. One of the old parts I salvaged was an A8N-Sli premium motherboard. The system works fine for the most part but I have these problems:

1. The boot time is incredibly long, 10 - 15 minutes. After the picture with the mobo logo, it goes to a black screen for 2 minutes, then a black and white loading bar appears which usually takes 10 minutes to finish. Then windows actually starts up and it runs fine.

2. The computer isn't recognizing the on board ethernet or sound.

3. Every time I reboot the system the clock goes to a random date and time.

I think a lot of these problems are from the motherboard, which is why I posted this in this section. I'm not computer illiterate but I'm pretty close so I need help.

A lot of these problems might be driver issues, can somebody please tell me how to download and install drivers that aren't .exe files?
a c 292 V Motherboard
May 17, 2010 12:11:07 AM

Hi.

1- Enter to the BIOS and look for the option "Fast boot" or something like that, with this option enable u can skip the logo screen and ur boot time is more faster.
2- Update the driver to the last version available on the manufacturer's web page.
3- This usually happens when the battery of ur mobo is low, u need buy a new one and replace the current battery.
May 17, 2010 1:09:17 AM

Thanks I'll check the BIOS for the Fast boot thing.

Could you help me out with the drivers because I'm not sure how to install them since most I find are .zip or .rar files.

How much would a new battery cost?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 17, 2010 1:26:11 AM

Is this a fresh OS install?
May 17, 2010 1:35:54 AM

haha no I reused an old xp disk so it's not genuine. Could that be causing these problems?
a c 292 V Motherboard
May 17, 2010 1:38:45 AM

Download the last drivers from here. If the file is .rar or .zip u need a program like Winrar to unzipped. Unzip the file and execute the setup file.

The battery is usually something like this BUT confirm with ur current battery before buy a new one. Obviously u can go to Fry's or a local store to buy it.
May 17, 2010 2:22:33 AM

Wow that review on the battery is hilarious.

Anyways thanks for the help everyone.
a c 292 V Motherboard
May 17, 2010 2:32:15 AM

Any time, that's why we are here.
!