Sign in with
Your question

Computer keeps restarting on startup after blue screen

Last response: in Windows XP
May 13, 2012 10:38:22 PM

Hello, I have a Windows xp computer
My computer starts up ,then i see flickering numbers all over the screen for about 10 seconds. They are always the number 2 . Then it continues on start up , then gives me the screen asking to start in safe mode etc. I cannot access the commands at all , keyboard wont respond. Then i see a windows screen for a few seconds then it goes blank screen for 30 seconds then I get Blue screen for about 2 seconds, so fast I cant even see any error code , and then it just goes back to rebooting itself over in the same pattern as mentioned . I dont get any beep codes sounds either.
Wondering if anyone can help me chase down this problem .

More about : computer restarting startup blue screen

May 13, 2012 11:27:01 PM

bubblypersonality said:
Hello, I have a Windows xp computer
My computer starts up ,then i see flickering numbers all over the screen for about 10 seconds. They are always the number 2 . Then it continues on start up , then gives me the screen asking to start in safe mode etc. I cannot access the commands at all , keyboard wont respond. Then i see a windows screen for a few seconds then it goes blank screen for 30 seconds then I get Blue screen for about 2 seconds, so fast I cant even see any error code , and then it just goes back to rebooting itself over in the same pattern as mentioned . I dont get any beep codes sounds either.
Wondering if anyone can help me chase down this problem .

This will only get you to the point of halting the reboot so you can see the error code on the BSOD.

Safe Mode: Select "Disable Automatic restart on System Error"

Most likely you have a corrupted system file. If you have Windows CD,
run sfc /scannow from system prompt, or boot from the CD & run repair.
m
l
!